Fall Cruise!

Amy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok just a reminder for the cruise. Still for the 2nd weekend of Oct. Going to Hocking Hills. Was just there yesterday and it's really starting to look beautiful down there. There are some badass roads I found that some of you will just fall in love with, heading from Old Mans Cave to Cantwell Cliffs... only words are "holy crap".

So lets plan on meeting on 2nd weekend of Oct (Sat) and we can meet up at the Wendy's off ST RT 33 and Hamilton Road and head on down for a day of fun. Were bringing food, pop, games.. whatever else we want.

"Please remain seated, until the ride comes to a complete stop" lol

I would LOVE to head to HH again. That was an awesome afternoon, and I know my Navigator would want to come along again. If we do cruise the roads, you may want to bring along two-way radios (Multi-channel Motorla types.) Cell-phone coverage is *extremely* spotty out there, and the lead car can call out cautions to the followers.

If there is any "spirited" driving on the roads, be careful. There was a LOT of loose gravel on the surfaces, and every year the HH run for COS has at least one spin, and that's with AWD cars. Some of you powerhouses will be getting sideways if you even think about touching the gas at the wrong point. ;) But even if I still had my T/A, I'd jump at a chance to drive HH again, calm or "spriited". It's a great place and there were a lot of cool places I never got to see (On-brakes, Apex, double-clutch to 2nd, power-on, setup next turn, repeat.)

If we end up in the area, I highly reccomend stopping by the Welcome Center, as right next door is a place that sells GREAT apple cider.

I dont have a addy but RT 33 is on the East side of I-270. Head 33E towards Lancaster, once you exit off of I-270 onto RT33 East, Hamilton Rd is the first exit. Get off turn left onto Hamilton Rd and Wendys is over the bridge and on the right hand side of the road.

I dont have a addy but RT 33 is on the East side of I-270. Head 33E towards Lancaster, once you exit off of I-270 onto RT33 East, Hamilton Rd is the first exit. Get off turn left onto Hamilton Rd and Wendys is over the bridge and on the right hand side of the road.

Looks like good F/I weather!!!

Mostly Sunny:

High

63°F

Precip

10%

Wind: N 9 mph

Max. Humidity: 61%

UV Index: 5 Moderate

Sunrise: 7:40 AM ET

Avg. High: 68°F

Record High: 86°F (1969)

Partly Cloudy Overnight Low

42°F

Precip

10%

Wind: N 2 mph

Max. Humidity: 72%

Sunset: 6:56 PM ET

Avg. Low: 44°F

Record Low: 26°F (1988)

Last Updated Monday, Oct 8,

Sport bikes welcome. The last time I was there I got caught behind a harley that was hauling a chick, whose ass was trying to eat the seat. He could not turn to save the life of the ugly fat chick straddling his balding, greying ass.

I' was just looking at the site and found this. Maybe something for those with kids to do...

October 13-14, 2007

Pow Wow at Mingo Park A Native American Celebration. Demonstrations, children's activities and storytelling, food. Cost: Free Mingo Park near US 33 in Logan. Take 664 exit and look for signs Logan, OH 43138 Hocking County 740-385-4660