Mustang is going bye bye.

Reed44

I am trading the mustang in on a 05' Evo with 34k on it on saturday. Its hard for me to get rid of it but I love evo's and they are getting hard to find. Its silver with all options, and as far as I can tell whats done is exhaust, bov with the name forge on it, possibly a manual boost controller that also says forge. Then there is this yellow box thing under the hood that says something racing. I have no clue what it is. i plan to do a turbo timer, boost controller, turbo manifold and have slowmotion tune it. Im not real informative on these cars so any advice helps. Anythony or Bryan, Can you guys bring me another white CR sticker for Norwalk. Thanks. Heres the link.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=229831461&dealer_id=69387&car_year=2005&marketZipError=false&awsp=false&search_type=both&num_records=25&keywordsfyc=__ZXZv__&make=MIT&model=LANCERMITS&transmission=&distance=25&address=44138&make2=&default_sort=priceDESC&advanced=y&certified=&max_mileage=&max_price=&sort_type=priceDESC&min_price=&body_code=0&end_year=2008&keywordsrep=101118111&color=&start_year=1981&drive=&search_lang=en&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&engine=&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=1&cardist=3

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue what that box is. I didnt take a close look at it, I was in ahhhh most of the time.

Amy- Its getting its fair share of abuse these last days. lol. Plus I dont want to embarass you. JK/lol

$278 /M seems rather reasonable.

Might you share price / financing details?

I presume you went 72mo

I'd assume he is trading in the Mustang mommy and daddy bought him = big down payment.

26k car, I'd assume about 11k in trade = 15k loan + tax = ~16,200 all said done (title, finance charges, etc).

You know his parents had to co-sign, and assuming good credit all around, 7% ish loan for 72 months = that car payment. Numbers may shift around a bit on the calcuation based on bumping down the EVO price and what was really given for the trade-in.

Can't say it's a smart move for a 18 year old to have that big of a car payment with a perfectly good car already. But, ehhh, whatever, it's your 6 years of payments, not mine.

Dont just turn up the boost with your boost controller = Death. You cant fool the ECU into making more power you will exceed the injectors duty cycle and or fuel map and go lean..... That could cause problems down the road if you dont know what ur doin. If it was me I would get some arp head studs right off the bat.

Check out greddy's e mangae for plug and play tuning if your gonna go wild on this thing.

Sighn up for evolutionm forum also. Research befor you buy anything and or get tuned! Not to say the place your gonna take it it questionable but there are alot of options out there for you to take in consideration of your 4g63;)

I once wanted and still will have one, Its my dream car....

Thanks to the people supporting this. For everyone else, yeah the mustang was a graduation present, that doesnt mean I am some spoiled brat. the people who know me know this. I am the one paying, not my parents. I believe evo's are hard to find now, so why not jump on a nice one with a good price if I can. I am not gonna just turn the boost up, I know better than that. Like I originally asked, I would like people on here to inform me on these cars so I can become more knowledgeable on them.

I'd assume he is trading in the Mustang mommy and daddy bought him = big down payment.

26k car, I'd assume about 11k in trade = 15k loan + tax = ~16,200 all said done (title, finance charges, etc).

You know his parents had to co-sign, and assuming good credit all around, 7% ish loan for 72 months = that car payment. Numbers may shift around a bit on the calcuation based on bumping down the EVO price and what was really given for the trade-in.

Can't say it's a smart move for a 18 year old to have that big of a car payment with a perfectly good car already. But, ehhh, whatever, it's your 6 years of payments, not mine.

I know personally I would prefer a paid off nice stang vs a car payment. But thats not a bad payment at all.