Mustang is going bye bye.

Reed44

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd assume he is trading in the Mustang mommy and daddy bought him = big down payment.

26k car, I'd assume about 11k in trade = 15k loan + tax = ~16,200 all said done (title, finance charges, etc).

You know his parents had to co-sign, and assuming good credit all around, 7% ish loan for 72 months = that car payment. Numbers may shift around a bit on the calcuation based on bumping down the EVO price and what was really given for the trade-in.

Can't say it's a smart move for a 18 year old to have that big of a car payment with a perfectly good car already. But, ehhh, whatever, it's your 6 years of payments, not mine.

Joe, you know that I like you so don't take this the wrong way, but back off. You pick on every kid that gets cars/car parts as gifts from their parents. Not everyone that receives those types of gifts are the spoiled rich kids that take everything for granted. I've never seen this kid make an off colored post about any thing and seems to be somewhat mature (based on the maturity level of this board). Cut the kid some slack. If he made some ricer comment about getting an Evo so that he can 'street race yo' and do all kinds of ricer-ish things I'd back you 100%.

On a side note, I know know this kid, but I think that giving up a mustang is a not so wise decision but that's because I love mustangs (nothing against Evo's, just too much money).

Thanks, I am glad you see and know that I am not that type of person. I have done my fair share of hard work, espically working for my dad and his own stucco busines and having had to meet my parents expectations from school and atv racing. I am just fortunate enough to be able to have the mustang at this age becuase of my parents. I love mustangs like you, but something about an evo has always caught my attention. Now that I can get one, I feel that I should.

Joe, you know that I like you so don't take this the wrong way, but back off. You pick on every kid that gets cars/car parts as gifts from their parents. Not everyone that receives those types of gifts are the spoiled rich kids that take everything for granted. I've never seen this kid make an off colored post about any thing and seems to be somewhat mature (based on the maturity level of this board). Cut the kid some slack. If he made some ricer comment about getting an Evo so that he can 'street race yo' and do all kinds of ricer-ish things I'd back you 100%.

On a side note, I know know this kid, but I think that giving up a mustang is a not so wise decision but that's because I love mustangs (nothing against Evo's, just too much money).

I never said he was a spoiled brat, or even picked on the kid...just stated facts: mommy and daddy did buy his car, and most likely co-signed for him. My parents back in the day co-signed for me too.

Mustang + snow tires = good to go.

I'm pointing out to NOT have a $280/month car payment at that age unless you have to. At that age, I could have afforded the payment, but instead insisted on a much smaller payment so I could afford other things in college without too much un-due stress. Too many young people get in un-necessary debt early in life, and have to struggle for no good reason.

i drove my '87 GT for three winters with 3.73's. got stuck about a dozen times. one time, i went to pull out of a parallel parked spot, and ended up turned 90 degrees right up against the rear bumper of the car in front of me.

at least 4 times, i had to have someone help me out of the spot.

personally, i'd keep the mustang, and the 4X4, but do what you want.

Nice looking car. Like Neonkiller stated get onto evolutionm.net there is lots of good info there. If you have any question send me a PM. I have a lot of hours under the hood of the car so I should be able to help.

Shad

I never said he was a spoiled brat, or even picked on the kid...just stated facts: mommy and daddy did buy his car, and most likely co-signed for him. My parents back in the day co-signed for me too.

Mustang + snow tires = good to go.

I'm pointing out to NOT have a $280/month car payment at that age unless you have to. At that age, I could have afforded the payment, but instead insisted on a much smaller payment so I could afford other things in college without too much un-due stress. Too many young people get in un-necessary debt early in life, and have to struggle for no good reason.

I would have to agree with saving the money, but.... our decisions in life is what builds our character.

Thanks everyone. I got the car yesterday and it is very nice. I just have to relearn everything about another car. Like how mods effect it, what do I need for this to do that, and how to launch the thing. AWD is alot different to drive. I will becoming down to QS&L saturday night. The car has a forge BOV, forge, manual boost controller, buschurracing battery, its like the size of a motorcycle battery, and I think a buschurracing 3inch turbo back exhaust. The exhaust has no name on it but a guy at work said it looks to be a buschurracing.

vee21-I will definitally need some help learning about the car. Are you going to QS&L saturday. Is buschurracing good?

I may make it out Saturday, see you there if I do. My car has all Buschur parts on it so I may be a bit biased. I have never had any problems and they have definitely made my car faster. The big plus is they are less then 2 hours from Columbus so if you really need something or need some help you can just cruise up to their shop. The other thing is that they have really focused there business on the Evo market. They have worked on hundreds of these cars and they really know what makes them tick.

Shad

I have no clue what that box is. I didnt take a close look at it, I was in ahhhh most of the time.

Amy- Its getting its fair share of abuse these last days. lol. Plus I dont want to embarass you. JK/lol

HAHA Oh realllllllyyyyyy now? lol Sure you don't want one last butt kicking before ya ditch it? :-P j/k

Check out greddy's e mangae for plug and play tuning if your gonna go wild on this thing.

Plenty of people run 11s and some 10s on the stock ecu tuned with ecuflash. All you need to tune an evo is an 80 dollar cable, a laptop, and the free ecuflash software. And a good tuner of course.

There are also plenty of people in the 11s on the stock turbo.

If you ever would want to go crazy I highly suggest an aem, as that is what the best evo tuners in ohio tune with. Tym Switzer and David Buschur.

Good luck and you have my dream car you fucking bastard. :)

Plenty of people run 11s and some 10s on the stock ecu tuned with ecuflash. All you need to tune an evo is an 80 dollar cable, a laptop, and the free ecuflash software. And a good tuner of course.

There are also plenty of people in the 11s on the stock turbo.

If you ever would want to go crazy I highly suggest an aem, as that is what the best evo tuners in ohio tune with. Tym Switzer and David Buschur.

Good luck and you have my dream car you fucking bastard. :)

Do I have to buy this stuff? I am use to just bringing my car to someone and having them dyno tune it. Or can I do the same with the evo? It was once my dream car and now I have it. I hate to loose my mustang and blazer but I know I will regret it more if I didnt do it.