Part-time job

Conesmasher

I'm sure it's crossed everyone's mind at some point. I've been thinking that maybe I should grab another job......a part time gig, just to earn some extra cash. I'd like to earn about 800-1000 extra a month with about 20 hours worth of work.

I've thought of delivering pizzas......but I'm not 100% sold on that yet(my wife thinks it's dangerous)

Any other suggestions?

I would think its only dangerous depending on what area your delivering to. I had a friend in HS who delivered around the Karl rd area, yeah he got robbed a few times. I say deliver some pizza's in a nicer area even if you have to drive further from home to do so, its cash in your hand right then and there and depending on how much you make, wont be tax deductable.

Your 30% more likely to spend more money on something if you use a card than if you were to use cash. I do it all the time and it works i personally think this is one of the biggest benefits to having a second cash flow on top of your job.

How about delivering parts? Like say NAPA or car quest for example. Get to know some cool people in the automotive field and it's "safe". It seems like they could always use drivers.

Biggest thing is what are you interested in. Get a job you will enjoy. If you like movies or video games work at a trade in place like play it trade it for example.

Pizza delivery in Dublin (Muirfield area) FTMFW!

You would think so but alot of those "types" of people are cheap and dont tip much. Ive worked in/around bars in dublin for a few years and have seen alot of cheap-asses that will tip 3$ on an 80$ tab etc...

I've said it before and i think someone here works there but the WG Grinders off Hard and Smokey rd has a sign for hiring drivers at 12-13$/hour. Thats a great rate for delivering some subs. I dont know if they include tips/hourly or what though.

i delivered pizza for donatos in gahanna for a couple years, where we did a lot of deliveries to colts neck (that guy on the heat from whitehall lived out there...samaki walker (sp?))...very rich area, but theyre really not more apt to give any more than people in the mid-class section of gahanna. i think they realize that its one of our furthest areas to deliver to, and will throw in an extra 1-2$ because of it. im still not gonna complain about 5$ to drive 6 miles round trip

i tried to get some hours at grinders on hard road and it seemed like each time (tried 2x IIRC), they were only hiring for the day time. id rather keep my day job with garunteed money

but honestly, if you can find somewhere thats hiring for the hours your wanting to work thats not in a shithole area like whitehall, and has a small area to keep the distance down, go for it.

gahanna donatos is the #1 delivery store for donatos in columbus, so we always had a lot of drivers in the store. i could work 6 hours and easily walk out with 75$ in tips/delivery charges, AND i got an hourly on top of that. dont claim the tips and figure you're making 10-12$/hr tax free, and almost 7$/hr more on your check

I do it once a week and bring home 40-50 cash for 4 deliveries

wheres my BS flag when i need it?

even if your shop gives you 2$/del (which would be amazing), thats saying each delivery you take gives you 8.50-10.50 tip.

i think the only time i got more than 2-3 of those in a day was the year that the ice storm hit 2 days before xmas (2003?), and that was only because everyone in the city was out of power and could not cook so they were ordering out

wheres my BS flag when i need it?

even if your shop gives you 2$/del (which would be amazing), thats saying each delivery you take gives you 8.50-10.50 tip.

i think the only time i got more than 2-3 of those in a day was the year that the ice storm hit 2 days before xmas (2003?), and that was only because everyone in the city was out of power and could not cook so they were ordering out

He could also be doing all deliveries of like the parties where 8 or more pizzas are delivered at once. Those useually have a good chance of being high tip deliveries.

He could also be doing all deliveries of like the parties where 8 or more pizzas are delivered at once. Those useually have a good chance of being high tip deliveries.

i guess thats a possibility, but then again, so is me hooking up with jenna jameson

when i was at donatos at gahanna, we usually had a couple big orders on fridays, to AEP, ODJFS, DSW, and a few other places.

what i realized was as sweet as it seemed to take a BFO (big fucking order) like that, literally, probably 1/2 the time, you got no tip because it was on company credit card.

plus, i dont know many people order from small pizza shops for parties like that. its usually the bigger chains

I delivered pizzas for about three years at the Papa John's in Grove City. I made really good money for being in HS, I've thought about getting into it again, but don't have the time really.

I think I'm around the record for the most money pulled in during one day, at least in Grove City. December 22nd, 2003 I made $548 cash in tips. That was just working for 6 hours.

I would say the Verizon wireless call center in dublin but when my ex worked there your schedule isnt garantee'd for the first year or so. You could start at 3pm one month then 5pm the next, but the pay and benefits are great. Im sure there are more than a few people from that callcenter on here somewhere.

I've said it before and i think someone here works there but the WG Grinders off Hard and Smokey rd has a sign for hiring drivers at 12-13$/hour. Thats a great rate for delivering some subs. I dont know if they include tips/hourly or what though.

That's what you *could* make with tips, and this is how most delivery places advertise. They pay between $6.50 and $7.50/hr, + you get $1.50/each delivery + tips.

My drivers made good money.

I should know, I managed that store for over a year until this summer, recently changed job fields.