'70's Muscle Cars

Earache

My bro in law was over from Ohio for Thanksgiving to look at a car he wants to buy. I'll be the first to say that I don't know shit about cars, much less about old cars. But I do remember most of these as I was a youth when these tanks roamed the Earth. I even had a couple of them in high school.

Anyway, here's some pics from the shop we went to....

IMG_2087Large.jpg

IMG_2093Large.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... What car was he looking at?

It was a Malibu with 502 c.i. motor.

This one wasn't a full restoration, had aftermarket parts, numbers didn't match, etc.

Here's some pics of the engine bay...

IMG_2115Large.jpg

IMG_2116Large.jpg

IMG_2117Large.jpg

Underside of it...

IMG_2103Large.jpg

IMG_2104Large.jpg

I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the car from the outside. Looks like all 70's Malibu's do. It's a real nice blue color. I think it was priced at around $50,000. But the bro inlaw said he touight he could get it for less. He and a mechanic are coming back to look it over in the shop with a mechanic from the dealer. That'll decide the price I guess.

You used to be able to pick these things up dirt cheap. However since they started airing the Barrett Jackson auction this shit has gone through the roof!

Best place to find old cars in great condition, is to find little old ladies with barns. You'd be surprised what they have stored.

You used to be able to pick these things up dirt cheap. However since they started airing the Barrett Jackson auction this shit has gone through the roof!

Best place to find old cars in great condition, is to find little old ladies with barns. You'd be surprised what they have stored.

experience talkin too huh?? :)

i love old muscle!!!

I'll take that Nova or either of those Mopars, please. I think the Mopar colors are badass...pretty wild.

Truth! There is a barn down the street from my parents house with a half dozen old muscle cars...they would all need restored though.