How to NOT get low balled

SPLN SUX

So i found a buyer for the rods and pistons i had for the Z24 way back when, and after a bit of phone tag and bouncing emails back and forth, hes interested. So i go buy packing materials, stop off at the post office and check the shiping to his postal code in Canada, and get back to him with a price... i send this to him in the e-mail:

Just got back from the post office and shipping would be $32 to your area code. Its all boxed up and ready to go if that sounds ok. So it would be $632US for both items shipped, and if youd like to go the paypal route its $651US. Let me know. i could get it out today before 5, or maybe tomorrow... but if not today or tomorrow, ill wont have time to ship it untill next Wednesday.

- Nick

Im thinking, thats a sick deal for this stuff, he'll have to bite at it. Let the low balling begin... I get this back form him:

$32 istn't too bad. How about I pay the $632 for both items shipped and you pay the $19 for the paypal. Let me know and I'll send the money right away.

Thanks,

Chris.

I was thinking to myself... YOU... HAVE... GOT... TO... BE...KIDDING. This guy, whats me, to pay out, for a product, im SELLING to HIM! I cracked my knuckles, took a swig of Crush Grape, and sent this back...:

Sorry brother, I told you on the phone that if you wanted to use paypal, you would have to add 3%. Im not going to eat any more costs on this (other than packaging) , im already taking a loss just selling them at the prices I am. If you dont want to use paypal, Personal Checks and Money Orders are ok as well. On a Personal Check there will be a 10 day grace period to assure it clears before i'll ship the package. I will NOT do C.O.D.... ive been burned on that way too many times.

FYI - the cheapest you can find this combo anywhere is for $699... and that doesnt include shipping, or rings... so your easily looking at close to $850 if not more... youre getting a hell of a deal @ $651.

- Nick

Metaphorical foot, down. After all, i was in no hurry to sell this stuff... i wasnt pressed for cash or anyhting, and this shit is STILL NEW IN THE BOX! The caps hadnt even been taken off the rods, the rings never opened, and wristpins still packed up with clips. I even took the time to pack both of these together, with peanuts... and even taped the edges of the box to prevent it from getting torn up during transit. And this dude wanted to low ball me. Well apearently he got the picture... because i got this back...:

I understand. So to what Email do I send the money ($651) to?

Thanks,

Chris

BANG! And thats how its done. Fuck people like this. Everyone wants something but never wants to pay for it. Bullshit i tell you, bullshit.

Wow... Like you've never tried to get a better deal before.WAY TO SHOW HIM, YOU ENJOY THAT 19 DOLLARS!!1!1!1!11

Sorry, if i dont want to pay what someones asking, i dont buy. I dont haggle... unless its a car stealership... they have it coming anyways :D

he lowballed you $19.......wow, I think you're blowing the situation out of proportion, on both sides. lol

Its the principle of the thing. i dont car if its $5... if i make a deal with you, and you try to change it, then no deal. I hate people that do that shit. You list a car in the paper for 5000 and they say, "hey i saw your car in the paper. how much you asking for it?" Right there its bullshit, they know how much your asking, THEY SAW THE ADD. And chances are they have about 80% of that in the form of cash or cashiers check in thier pocket... "Well i want to get 5000 for it." "Ill give you 4000 cash right now.?.?" Boom, so predictable. Id tell them "what do you think this is, an auction? 5000 is the price."

The point was, is this guy was already getting parts for 80% of thier lowest market value, shipped to his door, all paypal fees included, and i had told him what HE must cover in my add, as well as on the phone, and after agreeing to it, he tried to go back on it. Fuck No.

I wouldnt ask Rob to buy his SBC block, knowing he asked a $100 for it, then show up at his house and try to get it for $80. Im sure that he isnt really pressed for $100 bucks, and trying to haggel will get me no where other than sent on my way with even less gas in my car than i started and a little more on someones nerves.

Its the principle of the thing. i dont car if its $5... if i make a deal with you, and you try to change it, then no deal. I hate people that do that shit. You list a car in the paper for 5000 and they say, "hey i saw your car in the paper. how much you asking for it?" Right there its bullshit, they know how much your asking, THEY SAW THE ADD. And chances are they have about 80% of that in the form of cash or cashiers check in thier pocket... "Well i want to get 5000 for it." "Ill give you 4000 cash right now.?.?" Boom, so predictable. Id tell them "what do you think this is, an auction? 5000 is the price."

The point was, is this guy was already getting parts for 80% of thier lowest market value, shipped to his door, all paypal fees included, and i had told him what HE must cover in my add, as well as on the phone, and after agreeing to it, he tried to go back on it. Fuck No.

I wouldnt ask Rob to buy his SBC block, knowing he asked a $100 for it, then show up at his house and try to get it for $80. Im sure that he isnt really pressed for $100 bucks, and trying to haggel will get me no where other than sent on my way with even less gas in my car than i started and a little more on someones nerves.

I got a hellacious deal on my quad by calling up an ebayer that had no bids. I got my (basically brand new) 03 Warrior for $2000 which was $500 under her STARTING bid. She had just divorced and had a kid on the way, she didn't want the quad to just sit there so I got a deal.

Sorry but for saving near $1000 Its worth a damn phone call and asking.

I got a hellacious deal on my quad by calling up an ebayer that had no bids. I got my (basically brand new) 03 Warrior for $2000 which was $500 under her STARTING bid. She had just divorced and had a kid on the way, she didn't want the quad to just sit there so I got a deal.

Sorry but for saving near $1000 Its worth a damn phone call and asking.

And in that case you have leverage against the seller... and they are retarded for telling you they NEED the money quick. That just makes them a bullseye for people to haggel them.

Here was my post:

2.4L Bottom end race parts

Nick Schall

Thursday, September 13, 2007

!!!!PRICE DROPS!!!

Bare block (1999-2000) **PRICE DROP** $150 - prepped for high power, .020 overbore, does not have main caps, main seal, or any bolts/studs.

Crank $200 - Prepped for high power. Cryotreated, balanced, reground .020 under on the main journals, and .030 under on the rod journals. Comes with mathced Clevite 77's. BRAND NEW!!!

Rods $300 - Eagle H-Beam rod BRAND NEW!

Pistons $300 - Wiseco 9:1 pistons, .020 over (90.5mm) coated skirts, dished, forged aluminum. Complete with rings, pins, and clips. BRAND NEW!!!

LOCAL PICKUP ONLY ON BLOCK AND CRANK UNLESS BUYER MAKES SHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS. ALL PRICES ARE W/O SHIPPING, BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING COST. PAYPAL ADD 3%. PICTURES AVAILIBLE UPON REQUEST.

Ad Type: For Sale

Email: Nick_Schall@yahoo.com

Price: $ASSORT. USD

In my case, i made no statement that i needed to get rid of anything fast, i just wanted to sell it all. I was willing to come down to get a few hits, but i wasnt about to dicked $20 extra bucks than i was already losing just to sell them.

if you dont want to get low balled then state that, or stop sellign things. Everyone wants a deal, its your fault that you pay full price for things.

Hell i like a deal too... like an internally brand new 700R4 for $100... but i wait for the deal to present itself. I paid for those items i was selling like 2 yrs ago... and unfortunatly was never able to finish what i started because some gutless fuck decided to five finger discount me for about 6 grand. So i abandoned the project and am just liquidating the remaining parts.

I did get kinda dicked though.. but it was my own fault... i told him to add 3% for paypal fees... turns out they charge 4%... so i lost like 7 or 8 bucks anyway.

if you want the block for $80 come get it, before i scrap it!

See, a deal on something i was already going to buy. Ill stop by and grab it next week. you think itll fint in my trunk? That transmission had no problem fitting.

I thought all your shit was stolen out of the Z34 when you had it broken into?

First, it was a Z24.

Second, i had a second set of rods and pistons stolen, as well as a head, cams, and block guirdel, a one off, amoungst other odds and ends.

These were my orignal purchases, that werent going to hold what i had in store for them. They were sitting safely in my closet.