getting a DD soon

2pointslow

At least he's on the right path!

Young, getting married right away, blowing 15K cash on a brand new economy car.

Be sure to get her preggers ASAP! Wouldn't want to waste any time!

Truthfully you are an ass. You are not happy so you have to bag on someone who is. Heres how this is going to go, you dont know me i dont know you. I would like to keep it that way as associating with you only makes me look like an ass/douchebag. You dont know how my life is or what i do, so how can you tell me what im doing. Oh thats right you cant. Now unless you have any real factual knowledge that will actually help me through out my life but as i can see you dont. So will you please be so kind and get the HELL OUT OF MY THREAD!

Whats the diff between paying 15k for a car or paying 18-20k for a 15K dollar car over a period of 3-5 years? Um i think im going with paying less up front.

Truthfully you are an ass. You are not happy so you have to bag on someone who is. Heres how this is going to go, you dont know me i dont know you. I would like to keep it that way as associating with you only makes me look like an ass/douchebag. You dont know how my life is or what i do, so how can you tell me what im doing. Oh thats right you cant. Now unless you have any real factual knowledge that will actually help me through out my life but as i can see you dont. So will you please be so kind and get the HELL OUT OF MY THREAD!

Whats the diff between paying 15k for a car or paying 18-20k for a 15K dollar car over a period of 3-5 years? Um i think im going with paying less up front.

Don't listen to Ol' Jones, he drives a tank. My Mini is a $20k+ car but I'm in no financial burden, or anywhere near it. My past cars have all been cheap beaters that required more money to keep running then fuel. Ever since I purchased a brand new Miata and now moved onto the Mini, I couldn't be happier. Much nicer driving a new car then something you don't truly want.

Don't listen to Ol' Jones, he drives a tank. My Mini is a $20k+ car but I'm in no financial burden, or anywhere near it. My past cars have all been cheap beaters that required more money to keep running then fuel. Ever since I purchased a brand new Miata and now moved onto the Mini, I couldn't be happier. Much nicer driving a new car then something you don't truly want.

Irish Green A6 > British Racing Green Mini Pooper!

I think what jones (and others) are trying to point out is that if you have a lump some of money at that age it can be invested for a better return than to spend it on a depreciating liability. When you buy a new car (no matter the price) it will depreciate as soon as you drive it off the lot. You buy a brand new Fit for 15k this year, 6 months down the road you sell it for whatever reason and you can only sell it for 12k. In 6 months you lost 3,000$, whereas if you woulve invested that money, even in simple CD's in 6 months you would have MADE a more money, depending on the percentage of the CD. Now Cash Deposits are not the best way to invest money Im just taking that as an example. Even if you were to simply save this money and put it as a downpayment on your house that you will inevitably buy in the next few years if will still pull a great return than buying a brand new car.

This post started out asking for opinions about how to buy a new car thats why I never asked "why are you spending it on a new car" hell man its your money do what ever you want with it. But since you opened the door by saying "Now unless you have any real factual knowledge that will actually help me through out my life" this is the answer you will get.

Hell if you really think your young family is in that much of a bind that you NEED a brand new car then go for it, but dont look at it as an asset because its definitly a liability.

I think what jones (and others) are trying to point out is that if you have a lump some of money at that age it can be invested for a better return than to spend it on a depreciating liability. When you buy a new car (no matter the price) it will depreciate as soon as you drive it off the lot. You buy a brand new Fit for 15k this year, 6 months down the road you sell it for whatever reason and you can only sell it for 12k. In 6 months you lost 3,000$, whereas if you woulve invested that money, even in simple CD's in 6 months you would have MADE a more money, depending on the percentage of the CD. Now Cash Deposits are not the best way to invest money Im just taking that as an example. Even if you were to simply save this money and put it as a downpayment on your house that you will inevitably buy in the next few years if will still pull a great return than buying a brand new car.

This post started out asking for opinions about how to buy a new car thats why I never asked "why are you spending it on a new car" hell man its your money do what ever you want with it. But since you opened the door by saying "Now unless you have any real factual knowledge that will actually help me through out my life" this is the answer you will get.

Hell if you really think your young family is in that much of a bind that you NEED a brand new car then go for it, but dont look at it as an asset because its definitly a liability.

Well Said.

Spending 15K to go from 2x mpg to 3xmpg is not an investment when the car is worth 3k less in 6/8months.

I hear what you are saying.....Honestly i do, i know how to make money off of money.

Idk maybe i will just get the focus painted, change the belt, fix the vibrating at idle problem. Change the rear o2 sensor which i think is my vibration problem. Find a stock exhaust manifold and a high flow cat and sell the header.( damn that header was a pain in my ass to get in that tiny spot)

I hear what you are saying.....Honestly i do, i know how to make money off of money.

Idk maybe i will just get the focus painted, change the belt, fix the vibrating at idle problem. Change the rear o2 sensor which i think is my vibration problem. Find a stock exhaust manifold and a high flow cat and sell the header.( damn that header was a pain in my ass to get in that tiny spot)

You dont have to look at it as black and white and it sounds like the focus needs alot of work. It doesnt have to be choice A or B. If you want, sell the Focus, combine that money with a bit from your savings and get a used cheap gas sipper. You will have a newer car with better fuel economy and still have the bulk of your savings in your pocket. Just an idea.