I has new gun. v. everyone should have one

RedRocket1647545505

On sale for $189.99. So cheap everyone should have one.

I immediately put 28rd. through it, and it shoots perfectly as far as I can tell. Sights are great. Accuracy seemed pretty damn good. Feels great in my hands. And it seems very well made for the monies. My only gripe is that I wish they could have squeezed a 9mm in there instead of the .380, but, I digress. Nothing a reloading setup can't fix. So, go get one.

http://i18.tinypic.com/6gciofn.jpg

http://i11.tinypic.com/62efmes.jpg

Good size for carry! I have looked at those and they look like a quality piece.

Physical size - Yes.

Cartridge size- Not so much IMO (though I still wouldn't wanna be shot with it. It wouldn't be my first choice anyways.

For the money though, it's extremely well built.

.38 is plenty for concealed carry, most confrontations happen at or within 7 feet. if you cant knock someone off there feet with it then you shouldnt be carrying it anyway.

Hey if you wanted a 9mm why didnt you just buy one? Bersa makes a 9mm 10 round, and 9mm 17round. The 9mm is only 6.5in. I take it you got a 7 shot. That comes in at 6 5/8.

Damn...

A Bersa Thunder havent seen one of those in awhile.

It is a great gun for concealing its about the size of my palm. Not that, that gives you guys a reference.

Very smooth trigger on that little guy. 7lbs if I remember correctly. How do you like it?

Yea, I guess I should've mentioned for those that don't know what it is.

-Bersa Thunder 380 (.380ACP [9x17mm compared to a typical 9x19mm, parabellum, luger...] )

So far, I've only put 28rds. through it, but its flawless so far. I'll know more with time, but from the reviews I've read, it's solid little gun and the price can't be beat.

Here's a size pic for reference:

-G23

-Bersa

-P22

http://i12.tinypic.com/4lymhaf.jpg

Physical size - Yes.

Cartridge size- Not so much IMO (though I still wouldn't wanna be shot with it. It wouldn't be my first choice anyways.

For the money though, it's extremely well built.

I carry a .25 Taurus. It is a small cartridge but any time I would have to use it would be a very close range.

.38 is plenty for concealed carry, most confrontations happen at or within 7 feet. if you cant knock someone off there feet with it then you shouldnt be carrying it anyway.

Hey if you wanted a 9mm why didnt you just buy one? Bersa makes a 9mm 10 round, and 9mm 17round. The 9mm is only 6.5in. I take it you got a 7 shot. That comes in at 6 5/8.

Yea, I have no doubt in the little .380. But you can't blame a guy for wanting more. :D And as well as this thing shoots, hitting the target is not a problem.

I went with the .380 because I liked the size and feel of it. I don't plan on carrying this one as a main carry; maybe a backup. I usually don't buy guns with a specific purpose in mind. I only buy them simply because I want them.

I didn't go with the Thunder 9 because I don't like the styling. Plain and simple. They also make a Thunder 380 Plus that holds 15rds, but it was too wide for my tastes.

So yes, I got the 7rd. version.

I went with the .380 because I liked the size and feel of it. I don't plan on carrying this one as a main carry; maybe a backup. I usually don't buy guns with a specific purpose in mind. I only buy them simply because I want them.

I know the feeling.

CR SM's need to get a shooting day together again.

That's a nice conceal carry piece.

On a gun note, these are good for a few laughs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya7FiJc_NoU

Top link has been posted here many times. Never seen the bottom one. Anyone that knows about guns, will know its not the gun its the grain count in the cartridge.

Still fun to watch though.

Here's a copy & paste of a post I made on another board I frequent. The question I posed was whether or not reloading a custom tailored 'hot' round for the .380acp could match the performance of a factory 9mm load. I don't currently have a reloading manual in front of me to see what kind of maximum safe load you could make for the .380 round. My numbers are based off of factory ammuntion specs. Here 'tis:

Just cracked open my 'Ammo & Ballistics 3rd ed.' book due to my curiousity between the two rounds (380 vs. 9mm).

Now, I don't know how you'd measure and classify a bullets effective to kill something. But, I'm gonna go with the books explanation.

They have a specification for every round called the Taylor KO (knock-out) factor. I'm gonna use it for my comparison. I suppose you could also use ft.-lbs. of energy as a measurement too, if that is your school of thought. Though, I'd guess that's throwing out expansion, permanant cavity, temp. cavity, and other things like that.

The largest .380 KO factor I could find was a rating of 4.8

The largest 9mm KO factor I could find was a rating of 8.2

That's almost a 71% difference.

Now, if you used energy as your measurment, the largest measurement I could find for each round was:

-246 ft-lbs for the .380acp

-483 ft-lbs for the 9mm

That's a difference of about 96%

So, according to those, the 9mm is MUCH more effective, leaving out all other factors. Seeing this, I don't think custom tailored 'hot' rounds would equal factory 9mm performance. Could be wrong, but I don't have a reloading manual near me right now. This isn't to say it isn't perfectly capable of knocking someone on their ass though. :)

so whos got a good amount of property so we can set up a shooting day? ive been itching to get back out and put some more rounds thru my new 9mm...and since my roommate will be managing the sporting goods (among other) section of walmart, i should be able to get even cheaper rounds

so whos got a good amount of property so we can set up a shooting day? ive been itching to get back out and put some more rounds thru my new 9mm...and since my roommate will be managing the sporting goods (among other) section of walmart, i should be able to get even cheaper rounds

I've actually been looking into finding some hunting land to lease. I'd love to be able to find about 100acres of a mix of woods and fields. I want to get some long range guns but I don't have anywhere to shoot them right now.

We need to get another shooting day going, but cold weather is rapidly approaching.......so that sucks.

you need some water on that land too....duck/goose season would be great

Werd. My father had 78acres near Frankfort, OH (about 20min west of Chillicothe) that was absolutely perfect. Had a good sized pond stocked with fish. Huge fields. Plenty of woods. And the farthest you could shoot had to be close to 800-900yards.

Problem was, the old guy (like 85y.o.) he rented it from for 8 years would never sell it to him, and sold it to a group of investors instead. It's now been turned into a housing development. :(

Makes me want to cry everytime I drive by the place. Such a waste of a perfect plot of land. :bs:

that does suck. i got lucky a few years back...we were out pheasant hunting at delaware, had a guy come up in his truck and asked if we hunted duck and goose...we told him thats what we usually went for, and he told us he had a bit of land (was maybe 10-20 acres) with a 2-3 acre pond on it, and he was sick of the geese. told us we could hunt there whenever we wanted as long as the geese quit shitting everywhere

hunted there 2 years and always took home my limit after going out. i could probably drive up there again and he'd let me hunt there...just one of those people that you love to know. just up in marengo too. maybe 35-40 min drive

Never hunted fowl. Though, I've wanted to commit goose genocide on more than one occasion. I'm waiting for the prime opportunity to test out my .17hmr Savage on a herd of those flying water rats. They've got to be about the most useless animal I've ever encountered.

Found this on Wiki:

-9mm-

Standard pressure = 35,000

+P = 38,500

10% increase

-.380-

Standard Pressure = 26,500

+P = 33,500

25% increase to make .38 super

So, it appears I was right with my first assumption; you can get close to factory, standard pressure 9mm ballistics with a .380+p round, bullet weight and type being the same. So, disregard post #13.

And yes, I am bored tonite, and can't sleep. :)

Austin, where did you find that deal at? I've always liked those guns, but at that price I would almost go out and buy one.

Vance's has had them on sale for the past month. Unfortunately, Saturday was the last day. I think they're back up to $240 now. :(

I generally buy guns with a specific reason in mind. I picked up a HK custom combat compact 40. I carry this in a pro-tac infidel holster. It's comfortable for the most part, and easy to conceal. it prints every now and then depending on how loose of a shirt i'm wearing.

here are a few pics

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7006/dsc00392sp9.th.jpg

holstered

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7716/hkinifdelqq7.th.jpg

I might consider getting a 380 once I start working in a cruiser. finding ankle holsters for my usp compact seems to be quite difficult.