Amazing Deal on 42" 1080p LCD

Casper

Vizio

http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=35

Sears has it on sale for $1099. But then you get $150 off INSTANTLY if you use a Sears card. $949 total. Bought one last night. Its fucking amazing.

Go to http://www.sears.com and search for GV42LFHDTV10A.

You're all very welcome.

Oh, and we had to go down to Lancaster to get one. They're selling quick.

When are they going to start broadcasting in 1080P ?

that would be NEVER, or at least not for a LONG TIME

it takes up too much bandwidth for those money hungry assholes to broadcast it

when they can show 2 different 1080i channels in the same amount of used bandwidth and then Compress the hell out of them, so you NEVER truly see an uncompressed signal, and fit like 5 channels in the space that would fit one 1080p signal

that would be NEVER, or at least not for a LONG TIME

it takes up too much bandwidth for those money hungry assholes to broadcast it

when they can show 2 different 1080i channels in the same amount of used bandwidth and then Compress the hell out of them, so you NEVER truly see an uncompressed signal, and fit like 5 channels in the space that would fit one 1080p signal

Yes, because bandwidth is free and unlimited, right?

from a seller of LCD's. if you want a cheap lcd vizio's are ok. they use the cheapest processor and will not last that long, thats why they are cheap. If you want a great LCD, go for Sony. stand back 20ft from the tv's and you can barely see a vizio, sony is still bright. The sony processors will actually make the low def signals look better

from a seller of LCD's. if you want a cheap lcd vizio's are ok. they use the cheapest processor and will not last that long, thats why they are cheap. If you want a great LCD, go for Sony. stand back 20ft from the tv's and you can barely see a vizio, sony is still bright. The sony processors will actually make the low def signals look better

then you have a crapy display model... I have this Visio... picked it up about a year ago (maybe less... I can't keep track of time) and picture quality is great and I can see the picture fine in any light.... or a reasonable distance.... I'm pretty sure my great room is longer than 20 feet and I cal see it fine from each side of the room.

then you have a crapy display model... I have this Visio... picked it up about a year ago (maybe less... I can't keep track of time) and picture quality is great and I can see the picture fine in any light.... or a reasonable distance.... I'm pretty sure my great room is longer than 20 feet and I cal see it fine from each side of the room.

Thats what I was thinking consumer reports rates them only 15 points behind samsung which have the best LCD's out right now. Sony is ok but Samsung is where it's at concerning HDTV's.

I'm going to pick this up when I get back in town and use it in my living room then come bonus time if I get one I'll get a 46" Samsung and move this one to my bedroom.

How do these hold up as far as a PC monitor goes?

Way too small for a main TV, but would probably work nicely as a wall-mount monitor/TV in my computer room.

I could probably swing one IF it works very well as a monitor, since I could sell my current LCD's to cover some of the cost. Would free up some space too.

I got a 52inch rca in augest of 2006 for 799 crazy deal at citcuit city...best deal ftw!!!!

There is no way in hell you got a 52" Flat Panel LCD for $799, let alone a year ago. Maybe an LCD Rear-Projection, which is not what this thread is about.

Thats what I was thinking consumer reports rates them only 15 points behind samsung which have the best LCD's out right now. Sony is ok but Samsung is where it's at concerning HDTV's.

I'm going to pick this up when I get back in town and use it in my living room then come bonus time if I get one I'll get a 46" Samsung and move this one to my bedroom.

if you read the facts, Sony is the Leader in LCD TV's, Samsung is a sister company and their medium grade panels are equal to Sony's medium panels(V3000). But Samsung doesn't have a panel that compares to Sony's XBR5. You can't go to best buy or circuit shity to see an XBR5, since they are for dealer stores, not big business.

The Vizio displayed I seen where at the local sam's club.

Sams Club doesn't even have the 1080p sets at all costco does though.

I have seen the Vizio's and they are not as great as a Sony or a Samsung but if you can't afford $2500 right now then Vizio is a good runner up. I'll still be looking at one of these tomorrow and decide whether I want to buy or wait for bonus time and get a Samsung.