Please think before you get a pet

wnaplay1647545503

I know this is going to piss off a few people on here. I grew up not having a pet. Let me clarify, my mom had a cat but I dont consider cats pets. But thats another story. I by no means consider myself an animal person. I do have a female brindle boxer. It took me almost 30 years before I was ready to own a dog. I had 3 kids before I knew I was ready to own a dog. I knew from seeing others, what kind of pain in the neck a dog can be. Lately I have seen several ads on almost all the forums I am on where people are giving up newly acquired animals. Now I can understand if unforseen circumstances force the placement of an animal with a new owner. I mean lifes unfair, and shit happens. But alot of the time it seems people just never thought it through all the way before going through with bringing a new animal into the home. I have seen with just my own dog the amount of bonding an animal can do with a family. And then to be ripped out, can be very harmful both to the dog and any member of your family which has also made an emotional attachment. Not considering what your young child/children take away from the whole thing. The mis-treatment of animals is a common topic associated with people often deemed demented or troubled. Some of which go on to live what would only be considered "not so productive a life" if you know what I am saying. If a child learns early on that an animal brought into the home should not be treated with compassion, this could have grave consequences later in life. There are many ways to help you consider if your ready for the responsibilities of an animal. We all know someone who has a pet. Perhaps they are willing to have thier pet come stay with you for a weekend. I believe some rescues also allow a pet to stay for a time. You should read up onthe type of dog you are considering, and try to find a dog thats acclomated for your lifestyle. I have a friend who does absolutely no physical activity. So he purchased a bulldog. A breed known for having a lazy reputation. All I am asking is please think before you make the decision of getting a pet. Its ahuge responsibility. Before I bought my dog, I was prepared to do whatever I needed to make it work. If training would have been necessary, I was willing to pay. I spend a good chunk of change on good brand dog food. Should an expensive medical procedure be needed at somepoint, I am ready and financially capable of paying. These are just a minut amount of things you should consider before deciding on a pet. Thanks for letting me vent.

I remember being in the Humane Society and a guy came in with a Rot puppy, crate, collar, leash, bowls, food, the whole nine. He said he didn't want it anymore because he didn't know it would be so much work.

I could have shot him.

Stewed Dog (wedding style)

Recipe By : Joe Sweeney

Serving Size : 30 Preparation Time :3:00

Categories : Ethnic Lamb

Philippines

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

3 kg dog meat -- * see note

1 1/2 cups vinegar

60 peppercorns -- crushed

6 tablespoons salt

12 cloves garlic -- crushed

1/2 cup cooking oil

6 cups onion -- sliced

3 cups tomato sauce

10 cups boiling water

6 cups red pepper -- cut into strips

6 pieces bay leaf

1 teaspoon tabasco sauce

1 1/2 cups liver spread -- ** see note

1 whole fresh pineapple -- cut 1/2 inch thick

1. First, kill a medium sized dog, then burn off the fur over a hot fire.

2. Carefully remove the skin while still warm and set aside for later (may be

used in other recpies)

3. Cut meat into 1″ cubes. Marinade meat in mixture of vinegar, peppercorn,

salt and garlic for 2 hours.

4. Fry meat in oil using a large wok over an open fire, then add onions and

chopped pineapple and suate until tender.

5. Pour in tomato sauce and boiling water, add green peper, bay leaf and

tobasco.

6. Cover and simmer over warm coals until meat is tender. Blend in liver spread

and cook for additional 5-7 minutes.

For the faint of heart, you can always substitute lamb in place of next door's

rover, but the meat will not be as sweet or as rich in flavor.

* you can substiture lamb for dog. The taste is similar, but not as pungent.

** smooth liver pate will do as well.