Let's discuss this situation

y2k2gt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crazylady

IMO, if that washer was missing all year, there would be a lot more damage! How many pass's? How many miles? Those little brass washers are know too split and spit out! Should have had a roller bearing there anyway! And im sure if the washer was missing, end play would not have been even close to being right! and wouldnt have ran all year, cause that much end play would cause the low/rev piston not to seat, cause fluid loss, and not drive gears. But then the loud pop noise you heard, could have been that washer exiting stage left!

Should have looked like this

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4392072

Mike redid bobby's trans a few year's ago, im thinking there was 12 bearing's in it just for that reason. But im sure if you would have waited for Mike to take it apart, he would have shown you the peices of the washer laying in the pan! Of course the other shop is not going to show you that. I never understood why shops always like to throw rocks at each other. I guess its to gain a new customer's confidence. Btu then again, what is a street car doing at the track with stickys tires? Put more of a load on everything! I'd have told you to go pound salt too!

(edit: you should change the title to, I think a local shop fucked up my C-4)

My car was broke most of the year, so the car hasn't seen alot of mile or passes down the 1/4. In fact after I put the tranny back in the speedometer was going up and down. I thought it was just in the programming. The plastic gear was all chewed up. I'm sure that was from the end play. A couple week before this happened. The car would not move with out reving the engine up. At that time I just thought I had air in my lines running to the coolers, because I added a new cooler.

The car has less than 2000 miles with this refreshed tranny. The input shaft that broke

last year was a vasco shaft. I put alot more miles on the tranny last year. I know of lots of other people running these tranmissions without this kind of problem. The fact is that washer was missing. I not that smart about transmission, but how would parts of a washer get past the valve body into the pan? Also, when I removed the transmission. I did look in the pan. I didn't see anything. When I drained the fluid. It was a silver to grayish color. I guess that was the aluminum that had been grinding off that rear planet??

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the link to my thread.

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98409.0;all

As you read you will understand that I'm not asking for tech advice. Only your thoughts about what the shop should do that assembled the transmission earlier this year.

If they stand behind their work, I'd see if they'll fix it under warranty work.

From a business stand point picking up the transmission before they got to open it up and see what was wrong.

A. Automatically took any liability they had to fixing something IF they messed it up.

B. Did not give them a chance to even look at it before it was taken to another shop

C. Next shop is just going to listen to whatever story you just told them and use that to make money off of you.

You got the tranny USED from someone else who had been using it then proceeded to race even more on it. Go fast parts break its part of the fun lil game we play.

I am a outsider i dont know anybody involved just my two cents.

From a business stand point picking up the transmission before they got to open it up and see what was wrong.

A. Automatically took any liability they had to fixing something IF they messed it up.

B. Did not give them a chance to even look at it before it was taken to another shop

C. Next shop is just going to listen to whatever story you just told them and use that to make money off of you.

You got the tranny USED from someone else who had been using it then proceeded to race even more on it. Go fast parts break its part of the fun lil game we play.

I am a outsider i dont know anybody involved just my two cents.

A. I received no paper stating if there was a problem they have to open it up.

B. They had almost 3 weeks. That is plenty of time as I know it only takes 2 hours at most to take it apart.

C. The messed up parts speak for themselves. I myself had to research and buy my own parts, so the shop is making no money on that. $100 for inspection and another $200 to install the parts I provide.

D. Yes, I bought it used. Yes, I broke the vasco input shaft that was in it also taking out the $1200+ torque converter that cost $500 to repair. I then took the tranny to shifflet. I bought a new PA hardened inputshaft and pro front pump. Then they shifflet took it all apart and then put it all back together. It then was supposed to be just like a new one.

I for sure know all about breaking parts. You can read my threads on other boards about all the stuff I broke. The only time I blamed someone was when I first installed the twin turbo kit and had a local person tune it. 3-4 days after he tuned it I took it to the track and on the first pass it threw a rod. That tuner had 23* timing in the tune with pump gas. A big no no. The next time was last year my engine started ticking. I pulled the engine out and the valve guides had dropped on almost new heads. They were Patriot heads and know for their problems with valve guides. I for sure posted about that. I took the head to a local machine shop to fix. They couldn't be fixed with out getting custom valve guides made because of patriots shitty work. Patriot gave me a full refund on those heads as it was their fault even though another shop took them apart. There was no denying what was wrong with them just as the messed up parts in my tranny speak for themselves.

Guest crazylady
If they stand behind their work, I'd see if they'll fix it under warranty work.

1. No warranty on racing stuff!

2. Picking up the transmission before they got to open it up Automatically took any liability they had to fixing something IF they messed it up.

3. Mike told you there was stuff ahead of you, and it might be a minute before he could get to it, and i'm sure he never really gave you a exact time of when he would get to it!

4. The messed up parts don't speak for themselves! 15 pass's and driving it to the track and back. PLus your dyno pull's. It would be a lot worse if that washer was gone this complete time! What exactly was the pop noise you heard?

5. They had almost 3 weeks. But how much other work was ahead of you?

Guest crazylady
It's not the racing parts that failed, it's the labor. Labor should be covered by warrenty, at least for any reputable shop. Smells like a hack, probably is a hack.

Whos is to say it was the labor? Do we know for a fact the the washer was missing? NO. Mike would have stood behind his work, But Eddie decided to take it elsewhere! Becuase he was in a hurry, when he flat out said he wasn't!

I don't think waiting almost 3 weeks is being in a hurry. As said before it only takes maybe 2 hours to take it all apart.

I still don't see why you don't post under your own screen name.

Why don't you call pa yourself and talk to a real transmission and ask what would happen to a tranny with that washer left out. I can tell you myself, but you think I need to learn a little more about transmissions.

As far as racing parts. It was assembled wrong. That is not the parts fault.

Also after talking to pa today. They told me I could drive the car where ever I wanted with no issues. Just make sure I have a good cooler, which I did. It runs around 150* driving normal and 175* when I'm on it. The only reason I installed the extra cooler was to get the heat out quicker at the track when on the trans brake.

Here's their number for anyone who wants to call and see if I speak the truth.

310-963-8078. Also you can ask about what is in a super comp. They don't even make a rear planet that is machined for roller bearings. They use stock ones. They also only have 3 roller bearings as I have already told you. Why don't some of you people reading call and ask about this and then post back your findings. That would put an end to this.

Guest Removed

I still don't see why you don't post under your own screen name.

i am you mullet haired fucktard!

i told my wife too keep her mouth off of this issue, and stop bugging me on the phone at work, asking me about this fucking trans ordeal! just another reason why we are getting a divorce!

and if you want to get cocky about phone numbers, come check my cell! pa's number is in my phone!

i am you mullet haired fucktard!

i told my wife too keep her mouth off of this issue, and stop bugging me on the phone at work, asking me about this fucking trans ordeal! just another reason why we are getting a divorce!

and if you want to get cocky about phone numbers, come check my cell! pa's number is in my phone!

Now your true character comes out and you call me the fucktard???

She must have only been posting what you told her to.

Seems like you just proved your the fucktard for not using the number in you cell.

So, this is how you want the thread to go now.

3 Weeks = Long enough to tear down a customers tranny to see if it was in fact an issue with assembly. End of story. As stated it takes all of a few hrs to strip a c4 to a bare case, should have checked it out. I can say this much, if i ever had a shop build or freshen a trans and it only lasted 12 passes, drive time to the track and a few dyno pulls, you can bet i would be pissed as hell.