Dumb question about buying a car

wnaplay1647545503

+1. i checked w/ my bank when i bought my last car, they told me the rate they could get me...when i went to the dealership, they said they could beat that rate...few days after i took the car home (day before my vacation), the finance guy calls me freaking out because he couldnt get a better rate and wants me to drop the car off with them while im on vacation. i tell him fuck no, his mistake, and i would deal with it later

I've worked at Dealerships for 19 yrs so trust me on this.Take your own financing with you and they will beat or match it to get your business.Don't go in with out anything or they will try to bump you.I am a Parts Mgr by the way.

I've worked at Dealerships for 19 yrs so trust me on this.Take your own financing with you and they will beat or match it to get your business.Don't go in with out anything or they will try to bump you.I am a Parts Mgr by the way.

+1. i read the book "confessions of a used car salesman" and they specifically tell you this over and over--its a great book btw.

the dealership would rather finance then have someone come in there and pay cash for a car. go in there and act like you're going to finance the car through the dealership, agree on a price, and then let them know you'll be using your own bank for the financing. they will try to beat it.