Damn Furance

Skinner

Same thing in mine, but we have a brand new funace and it crapped out on me last week. I was gone almost the whole week for business. Must have gone out right after i left and it may as well have been snowing in my house when i got back

at least none of your water lines froze that would really suck ass.

My sister had her house in hilliard up for sale 3 years ago. It was empty for an extended period of time while they were settling in their new house in Cinci. Long story short she comes home to a half inch of water covering the whole first floor. She had just checked it a week prior and nothing was wrong. Everything was ruined, even the newly renovated 15K$ basement. Thankgod insurance took care of it. I dont remember what the final talley was on the repairs but its was large.

Did they tell you what they repaired for $320. Furnaces aren't terribly complicated pieces of machinery.

;)

no they pulled the part and showed me where it failed. Ignitor element had failed. part was $220 plus the $100 service call. funny thing is I found the part the next day for halfthe price shiped nextday air. If it were just Autumn and me I would have done that but wiht the boys and temp outside temp in 20s that wasn't a option.

no they pulled the part and showed me where it failed. Ignitor element had failed. part was $220 plus the $100 service call. funny thing is I found the part the next day for halfthe price shiped nextday air. If it were just Autumn and me I would have done that but wiht the boys and temp outside temp in 20s that wasn't a option.

damn, this is a bummer. Again i work for air quest hvac and would have charged you half that. Well anything in future send me a pm :cool:

All Knight Heating and Cooling in Hilliard gives FREE Estimates.

The owner came to my home himself. He looked over what I wanted, and asked if I was comfortable doing some work myself. He said they would charge about $300 for what I wanted, or, I could spend about $60 at Lowe's and invest about 2-3 hrs.

He EARNED MY business that day.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Happened to me almost the EXACT same time last year.

Sadly, it was more expensive than that. The "computer board" died (you could see where it fried), and the newer style required a flame sensor kit, so in parts (after shopping around a lot), was $400. But I can only imagine what it would have cost me if I called someone to fix it!

I just had a new complete system installed in my house and I'll be damned if this shit only lasts 2 years, screw that for the amount I paid. The system I replaced was 26 years old and still working, although doubtful it was very efficient but still, I better get 10+ years out of my furnace/ac.

no heat sucks though, I dealt with that for a few days last winter at our old apt, with a 1 year old we were staying at in-laws till they fixed it.