Winter projects

V8 Beast

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the open deck is hiding under the head gasket!

That's one serious headgasket.

What's killing me is that I'm already stockpiling parts for the spring... They're sitting in my living room... staring at me.. begging me to put them on the car..

"Psst.. Install usssss..."

"No. Wait for the spring."

"C'mon.. Just the sway bars?"

"Shut up!"

And I was under the car the other day and I was just looking at how easy it'd be to swap in the rear sway....

WTF is with people putting suede in new cars? Its a brand new fucking car-leave the interior the fuck alone. I cant count how many newer cars I'd had to help DE-Rice because mommy said "you've fucked this one up good enough, lets get you a new one".

Rant off.

lol im not a 16 year old with a civic trying to make it like a supra. I think real alcantara inserts, and headliner which is the same color as stock will not make it rice at all.

a professional stereo with carputer is hardly rice, JL sub flushmounted (yes 1 not 3), JL speakers, amp, and tweeters done right will look OEM+.

Kind of like the 1 series interior:

http://www.itsdebo.com/Pictures/Random/live3.jpg

im hoping to get my dakota legal... (just need to throw a cat on it i think) and then if i decide to keep it, im going to re-do the nitrous system. I like to run window switches... and the previous owner didnt put one on.

then with my camaro... re-wiring the nitrous. might re-do everything because ive been debating putting my backseats back in, so i would have to move the bottle. then i have 2 window motors to replace. depending on time, i might try to take care of my leaky EGR too... ive run out of ideas though.

Head milled, o rings, port work, turbo upgrade, bigger injectors, gov spring, new manifold, rod bolts, head studs, fresh coat of beige paint, intercooler

hopefully hit 250HP

When I get that done, start work on the Buick, as it is in parts and scattered across 3 counties.

This setup is right up your alley..... If you can afford it and the tune.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97170

i guess you could call that a stock blower set-up ;)

i've been reading a bit on that project, and may eventually go that route, but i'm probably going to lighten my car a bit, and do some other things (bulletproof built bottom end, tranny, and clutch) before i decide to add turbos to my twin-screw.