Free: African Cichlid

turbomark

Free to a good home: adult Hornet Tilapia. This is a Tanganyika cichlid from africa, very hardy, pretty coloration but not really "colorful". Needs a large tank as it is a fairly big fish, I currently have him/her housed in a 75 gallon set up with plenty of rocks/hiding places. It likes to dig and can be a bully to smaller fish. I've had it with oscars and full grown jack dempseys and it hasn't bothered them much, however when I had it in a tank with smaller africans it could be fairly pugilistic. I'm just trying to start my tank over again and I don't want to be introducing new small fish with this big guy in the tank with them. Oh, it's at least 7 years old.

How long is he? I have an african cichlid 75g tank right now, but I think he maybe a bit to big since all my fish are about 2.5". I just recently got the tank started a few weeks ago and just added them a few days ago.

I'll take him, call me 517-3655 when you are ready to part. i have some jack dempsys and a tiger oscar he can play with

It's not really good to mix South-American cichlids with Africian cichlids. PH levels are totally different.