Fair price for 96 Formula?

Bam

Is $2500 a fair price for a 96 formula, auto, 120k miles, black, leather, etc? Needs a tranny mount and o2 sensor and some minor things, but cleans up nice.

Anything to check out? Do these really get 25mpg hwy like they claim? just curious, lol

Very fair price.

O2 sensors are an easy swap, as is the tranny mount (stock ones are junk; go either 1LE or Energy Suspension...some people thing the ES is too stiff, but I like it).

Ehhh, I wouldn't expect 25MPG out of an auto. Manual, you may if you are easy on the right pedal.

Common problems are leaking intake manifold (cheap fix), if waterpump leaks it takes out the Opti, so make sure it is good. Power window motors suck, but again and cheap ($40) and easy (hour or less). Some people (I never have) see issues with the gears in the headlights; make sure they go up/down okay, otherwise you may need to flip the gears or go brass. Make sure the rear isn't too noisy, and all the normal stuff you'd look at on any car.

For an auto car, 96-97 is the year to own for the LT1 cars.

The lights and drivers window makes a buzz when the go up/down, does that mean they're going out? What's the opti again? Are these 13 second cars stock or no? If so, what's it take to go 12's? thanks again

high 13's are the norm and thats more then a fair price for that car..

the headlight/window motors have ALWAYS sucked on these cars.. I go through one headlight every 3 months..

all the early 4th gens I see on road usually look like shit! glad you got a clean one.

LT1's love the juice!

97 Z28 Auto ran 14.3-14.4's stock

97 Formula stick ran 13.7-13.9's stock

For me anyway. And I'd say that's a fair price. My Formulas window motor did the same thing and ended up going out on me after a few months. Just keep an eye on it.

If I recall I got great milage out of my LT1's. I drove to St. Louis with AFR Heads, Big Cam, 4.10 gears and a bunch of other bolt ons and averaged like 24mpg! It was around town that wasn't great because I couldn't keep my foot off the throttle, but still got 15mpg.

Ok, so which would you guys go for...this formula, or a 94 mustang GT coupe, silver/auto/black leather, loaded, from the original owner w/ 80k miles for $4k?

I need to buy something by this weekend, and these are pretty high on my list now

high 13's are the norm and thats more then a fair price for that car..

the headlight/window motors have ALWAYS sucked on these cars.. I go through one headlight every 3 months..

all the early 4th gens I see on road usually look like shit! glad you got a clean one.

LT1's love the juice!

mine likes the spray ,i run a 350 shot on it but its got a eagle 4340 bottom end.

Ok, so which would you guys go for...this formula, or a 94 mustang GT coupe, silver/auto/black leather, loaded, from the original owner w/ 80k miles for $4k?

I need to buy something by this weekend, and these are pretty high on my list now

I owned a 94 GT as well; loaded but with a 5-speed.

I thought it was pathetic that this Mustang was supposed to be direct competition with my Formula (stock for stock). The Mustang was pretty reliable, but way underpowered in comparison, stronger rear but weaker tranny, I didn't find its engine bay all that inviting either. Many prefer the Mustangs rear suspension, but its front suspension is worse, so again a trade-off. I wasn't a fan of it.

Well, test drove the car, ran pretty good, but definitely needs some tlc, the guy's wife is actually the original owner, and he was honest in saying it gets shitty gas mileage, like 10-12, he said, and he said it needs tires, both rear 02 sensors, and a tranny mount, and the headlight motors make a buzzzing noise, otherwise its' not bad. Gonna sleep on it and see what I can do tomorrow.