Is there any mid size American cars that get 30 MPG???

CJINOHIO03

my si is seeing about 26 mpg daily right now with the cold weather

Damn, I'd expect more out of a four banger hatch. Then again that's also not really a mid-size car, is it? Then again when I think mid-size I think Oldsmobile Alero, Grand Am, Camry, Focus, etc.

Look into the Dodge Stratus Sedan. I am not sure how good the gas mileage is for the 2.4L 4 banger or 2.7L V6, but in should be up in that area.

I mean I get 28 mpg combined in my Dodge Stratus Coupe with the 2.4L. Of course the 2.4L in the Coupe is made by Mitsubishi and the 2.4L in the Sedan is a Dodge engine, but I wouldn't think they would be that far off.

Thats about what I thought. I meant combined but mostly high way btw. I just find it hard to believe foreign cars manufactors (Toytota Avalon) can make make full size cars with v6 at almost 300 hp that gets over 30 on highway but Ford, GM. or Dodge cant

just stay away from the 2.7L V6 intrepid, sebring, stratus cars. pretty much everyone blows up.

the camaro was getting 27.5 MPG when i sold it and the vette was getting that on the way home when i got it. 1 was an LS1 and the other an LS6.

that's awesome. my last co. van was a T&C with the 3.3l and it only gets 19mpg in the city and even on long trips to NJ with the cruise on 72mph, the best I ever got was 25mpg.

i get almost 30 out of my 400,000 mile 14 year old plymouth voyager 3.3 ohv motor I would think an intrepid,sebring,stratus would get the same or better mileage