Wheels Fall Off RX7

Kevin R.

I bet when he got to the track he switched out to his race tires and rims and just forgot to tighten them. I know the S.C.C.A. used to check each lug nut during inspection. I have ran with some other clubs where they just do a visual inspection. :eek:

I bet when he got to the track he switched out to his race tires and rims and just forgot to tighten them. I know the S.C.C.A. used to check each lug nut during inspection. I have ran with some other clubs where they just do a visual inspection. :eek:

if I remember correctly from when this was actually posted in the summer the wheels were torqued, but there was an issue with the wheel studs that were provided to him for them, and they all broke.....at once.

Old video from this past summer. I talked to someone that was there at the event, the tire place gave him the wrong sized lugs for the car, they worked enough to torque down but as soon as the car was under power the lugs slipped off.