Good greasy classic old-fashioned breakfast restaurant?

excell

Looking for an old fashioned breakfast joint - greasy, truck-stop style blue-collar food. I'm entertaining the fiancée’s Dad on Saturday, and when we're back home with her family he always takes me to places like this. It's in Youngstown, so they're easy to find there. I don't eat breakfast out ever, and when I do I'm usually with someone who won't eat at a place like this even though I love them.

Bonus points if it's on the West Side. London/West Jeff./Hilliard/Galloway/Grove City/etc. but I'm willing to do a bit of driving. Absolutely no Bob Evans, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel, etc. Looking for a local joint that got lost in time. I know there is a place on Hilliard-Rome Road, "Chef's House" I believe, and I've always wanted to go in. Anyone been?

Also, before you say Jack and Benny's on High Street, I need a place we can actually get in. :)

Thank you!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TeeJays

They server tons of shit that meets your requirements. And even comes with genuine rednecks!

No TeeJay's. Though that would be good if it was more local lost-in-time. If I get stuck with a chain, this will probably be it.

The only breakfast place I go to that is located in Columbus, that I consider lost in time, is Golden Doughnuts on Lockbourne Rd. Its a very tiny place with only a couple booths. Not a bad area, just not a lot of money there. Service is not spectacular but they have some of the BEST donuts ever!

My usual breakfast place otherwise is Pauls on 5th ave. - Its not greasy necessarily, but its a great diner. Good quality food.

theres a place on campus on highstreet it was voted aols best breakfast food and goodfeeling food 3 years in a row...its a little hole in the wal mom and pop looking place... if your on higcomin from downtown twordws campus...go past campus its on the left little past lane just cant think of the name

there is a shithole truck stop down off 23 called womplers or something. Near circleville. Adam loves it. Ask him for directions.

take 270 south to 23 south go down 23 5-7miles past Scioto downs you'll see a citgo station, Fox Run titty bar, and just past the shitty motel is the Womplers place, not 100% sure if its still open

For the lost in time feel I've heard Hamburger Inn is good also (although I have never been).

I can definitely vouch for Ben & Joy's in Mt. Sterling. Any time I go to Deer Creek I try to go early enough to get some breakfast there. Home fries>*