Daily Driver

Hwilli1647545487

Okay who wants proof? Because I promise my Taco pulls my trail rig on my trailer way better than my GMC fullsize truck did. Squats less and I am completely comfortable in traffic with it. I also promise its safe. I've been around heavy equipment since I was a baby (Dad has worked for what is now United Rentals for 35 years.) I know how to be safe around loads and how to properly load and drive a truck.

I agree my truck won't out pull a 1 ton, but thats not what is being argued here. I only need to pull about 7,000 lbs as a maximum and only need to do it at the most 1 day per month. Last time I checked we don't live in mountains though my truck is capable of handling the same load in mountainous regions. Check http://www.ttora.com They will have people in Colorado pulling the same type of rig with the same truck.

As for it doing it safely. Its definitely safe or I'd have gotten a 1 ton. Any of you guys saying "it can't stop the load." Thats a bunch of BS and you don't seem to understand anything about towing. If your using your trucks breaks to stop your rig then you are a danger to everyone on the road and I"m staying clear. You should have trailer brakes on anything over 1,500lbs in Ohio and should have them set up properly so that they lead your tow vehicle while stopping. In a panic stop situation I can slide the whole 11,800lbs (CAT scales) in a shorter distance then I can stop the truck without the trailer.

It tows on the highway at 65MPH at 2,100RPMs in 4th gear (yeah its a 5 speed auto.)

Okay enough of this, start a different thread if you wanna play with your e-penis.

Evan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also need the bed. Hauling gutters in the Maxima was not ideal.

I noticed you said something about remodeling and if you do "need" a truck then get one. But really honestly if you are only in need of a truck a few times a year its far better to rent/borrow one then to buy one to daily drive because they get crappy mileage period.

When I drive my truck to/from work I get 14MPG on the highway I can squeeze out 18-19MPG going 70 with the cruise set. Towing I don't really know since I haven't done much with it yet.

As for it doing it safely. Its definitely safe or I'd have gotten a 1 ton. Any of you guys saying "it can't stop the load." Thats a bunch of BS and you don't seem to understand anything about towing. If your using your trucks breaks to stop your rig then you are a danger to everyone on the road and I"m staying clear. You should have trailer brakes on anything over 1,500lbs in Ohio and should have them set up properly so that they lead your tow vehicle while stopping. In a panic stop situation I can slide the whole 11,800lbs (CAT scales) in a shorter distance then I can stop the truck without the trailer.

quoted for accuracy

• 2 weeks later...