New battery suggestions.

TimTaylor751647545500

Still have the original battery in my car and as of late, with the cold, it's showing it's age. The cranking power has been going down hill for a while now and I think it's time to replace it finally after 104k miles and nearly 7 years of use. I'm not really looking to go crazy money-wise so I'm not really looking at the Optima batteries, but any other suggestions would be great. Personal experiences are definitely encouraged.

Go!

Guest 614Streets
I wish I had purchased Interstates for my s10 and Nova. I have cheap autozone silvers, they arent that great , better than an optima though IMO , I dont care for Optimas they dont like a heavy charge. Never had luck with them.

I've actually had great luck with the Autocraft Titanium batteries from Advance (I started buying them when I worked there). I've had one in my TA for over 5 years, and it sits for all of the winter, and I have them in all of my driver cars. Also had good luck with the red top Optima, I have one mounted in the trunk of the '51, had it for over 4 years, and it sits most of the year.

• 1 month later...

So it's been a few weeks since I picked a new Interstate battery (following many of your suggestions). Had something like 150 cc amps left.

Since the install, I've noticed that without changing any of my audio settings as well as listening to the same music via the same formats, the low frequency levels are drastically increased. I'm assuming this is due to the increased amount of voltage being supplied to my amps, but I didn't really anticipate such an increase. So much so that I believe I'll need to make some adjustments on the amp levels as my Eclipse CD5435 has the bass set at the lowest setting. Can't imagine what it'd be like if I had a better sub than my single 12w6v2.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the suggestions.