Laptop repair?

Primera

Does anyone on here repair laptops? I have a Gateway that needs looked at. Basically, about a month ago, my laptop shut down out of nowhere and won't turn back on. I checked the battery and it's fully charged.

It could be the backlight in the screen that is out, if it sounds like it powers up.

I have a laptop that needs repair as well. from what i have read it needs to be resolderd at teh power supply. it will run on electricty but not at all if the battery is in. (battery has full charge) Dragknee you think you can fix this as well?

This is the issue, i believe

Yes I could fix that. If you order the new jack (just to be on the safe side) Ill install it for you. That site said you could get them on eBay even.

Order that up and PM me when you have the part and you can drop it off. Im usually pretty busy but could get it back to you in a few days time at the most.

my laptop did the same thing. sent it back to HP under warranty and they fixed it. problem was that i guess teh fan stopped working and it overheated.

Oh silly HP. That wouldnt cause the power issue that these 2 are having though.

All those little times that you move the laptop and the power cord holds it back a tad bit, the tension will snap the solder points on the board.

my laptop did the same thing. sent it back to HP under warranty and they fixed it. problem was that i guess teh fan stopped working and it overheated.

Must be an HP characteristic cause that's what I have. Drag.....when you want it?

It could be the backlight in the screen that is out, if it sounds like it powers up.

It doesn't power up at all. I kinda figured it was the power supply that might need soldered back up, or if the power supply just decided to kick the bucket.

No lights or sounds when I try to turn it on and it's plugged in.

I already looked into the Laptop Guy but yeah, seemed expensive so I figured I'd try here. I'll take out apart tomorrow and see if I can find any loose connections on the power supply.