My Bathroom project

88lx5oh

its been slow going.. i lack motivation to finish it, plus im waiting on my custom vanity to come in to finish some stuff up.

but here is the progress. i still have to trim out all the tile that is there as of now.. like all the edges, and where the window is. i have to grout and seal all the tile in the shower area, floor has already been grouted and sealed. and im giong to be putting the same tile along the wall behind the toilet area. it wil be about 4 feet or so high, and go over to the vanity.. and will also be the backsplash for the vanity.

i have completely remodeled this room. all new drywall, which isnt finished if you cant tell. i actually took a part of a wall out that was there to make room for a larger vanity. i tiled the floors and shower. the walls will be getting a light mocha (brown) color, and the vanity will be a very very dark brown if not black, with a light tanish color granite, or solid surface, and a vessel bowl sink. all the hardware will be new as well. the shower has already gotten Price Pfister ashfield collection. the sink wil have a modern waterfall type faucet. the lighting im nto sure about yet, i guess whatever looks the best in there. and the mirror is undecided as well.

so anyway here are some pics.. what you guys think so far.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/S4300017-4.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/S4300016-3.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/S4300015-4.jpg

I like everything but the glass blocks I have never been a fan of those. Overall though looks like a good job. You seem to like doing home remodels and its a hell of a lot cheaper to do it yourself!

The house I just bought is remodeled inside already so I'll be working on the outside and making minor changes inside.

the glass block was already there.. and i didnt feel like changing it.. as well as the tub, wanted a soak tub or whirlpool, but the room and the work involved to replace both the tub and window was not worth it. i mean if i was going to be staying here longer than a few years, maybe but im gonna be selling in the future so ehh no big deal.

but man what a difference the update on the bathroom has already made. i think it will definately be a selling point... there isnt a house in uor developement that will have this nice a bathroom.

liek i said they were there, and i didnt want to replace them.. this house is going to get resold.. and i didnt want to put a ton of money into it.

and this is kinda like a practice house for me.. the next house will be beautiful.

i have my heart set on a monsterous bathroom layout for the next house.

full tile 2 person shower, 2 shower heads, tiled bench seating ,glass front

full tile floor, leading to a step up, with a whirlpool tub. tiled completely around. also on the walls behind it.

double vanity, granite top, under mount sinks

it will be pretty pimp!

on a side note next project is the kitchen.. i already laid tile down there when we moved in, but now i want to completely remodel it. take a wall out.. make things a tad bigger add a more open feel to it... more view into the living room. new cabinets with an island, and french doors leading to the backyard.. which will get a patio soon as well.

so i want to put all new tile in there to. i have a darker slate looking tile right now, and alighter tile similar to the bathroom will make thing feel even more open in there.

On a side note...I see Bettina has you trained well, with the toilet seat. Your damned if ya don't put it up and you're damned if you leave it up.

lol thats actually one of the things that Ryan does that doesn't bother me. Its more like leaving 8,000 empty cans of pop laying on the computer desk stacked up on our desk that kills me....expecially when there is a trash can right next to the computer...oh men!

absolutely.. 1/2" hardibacker.

if i didnt that shit would just fall down when moisture started getting to it.

on a side note that shit sucks to cut.

Good...

I worked for my uncle when I was younger as a drywall hanger. We did repair work too. You would be surprised how many people will just use sheet rock around tubs and showers.

Good...

I worked for my uncle when I was younger as a drywall hanger. We did repair work too. You would be surprised how many people will just use sheet rock around tubs and showers.

i could have used green board, but its still a gypsum board. i wanted something solid that i know will last..

I like!

As soon as I get my bonus I am getting a wetsaw and going tile crazy on everything that has linoleum in my house. I have a plastic shower/tub I want to tile above it all the way to the ceiling but we'll see how that goes.

I will have to snap some pics of the master bathroom, its pretty baller. two sinks, a whirpool tub with jets and a separate shower.

I also want to do wood laminate flooring in the house, everything that isn't tile. That is planned for the summer.

home modding is fun! It sucks going to lowe's though, I always feel like I want to buy it all.