Who got killed on 70 last night?

Kurt B.

I caught a piece of the story on the news this morning, the only reason I bring this up is because on the news report they included that there was another car involved that was possibly "racing" and that the car the man was killed in had Nitrous on board.

Anyone on here?

Man Killed, Woman 'Critical' After I-70 Crash

Jan 27 2008 9:17AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A driver was killed and a woman was critically injured after a head-on collision early Sunday along Interstate 70.

The crash occurred at about 1:30 a.m. along the eastbound lanes of I-70, at Hilliard-Rome Road, police said.

SLIDESHOW: Images From Scene

According to police, a 30-year-old man drove onto the eastbound lanes at a high rate of speed. He then lost control of his car and crossed the median.

The driver struck a car that was traveling westbound head-on, police said. A woman in the westbound vehicle was extricated from her car, and then transported to Mount Carmel West Hospital in critical condition , 10TV News reported.

The driver of the eastbound car was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

Police did not immediately release the names of those involved in the collision.

I-70 was closed in both directions, from Hilliard-Rome Road to the I-270 interchange, 10TV News reported. The eastbound lanes were closed until about 5:30 a.m. but the westbound lanes remained closed for several hours.

All lanes were reopened by 8:30 a.m., 10TV News reported.

Columbus police Sgt. Jeff Sowards told 10TV News that alcohol might have factored in the crash.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.