Rainier Totaled, What To Get?

Wease

Well, we made our decision. We ended up finding a very nice, 2005 Mercury Mountaineer. 32K miles, V8, AWD, every option including parking assist and the DVD player. It's a pearl white exterior and tan interior. Perfect shape, turned in from a lease, picked it up for $15K. :cool: I've had previous style Mountaineers and always thought they were a good value. We were looking at a Honda Pilot with the same options and mileage for around $23K and I just couldn't justify spending $8K more on another SUV. Especially since this one has all time AWD and a V8, in case I need to tow something. So it worked out pretty well and the wife is happy... :)

Thats awesome, congrats on the mountaineer! I love those SUVs. My favorite part is the awd. Its on all the time so no worries if the road is just a little slick, its still got ya covered! Good buy. Enjoy :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats awesome, congrats on the mountaineer! I love those SUVs. My favorite part is the awd. Its on all the time so no worries if the road is just a little slick, its still got ya covered! Good buy. Enjoy :)

You're right about the AWD. My wife found out today. She's been using it for work and hasn't had one issue with traction... :)