What should the best componets be for my new part

Guest hotrodmama024

Guest hotrodmama024

So i am wanting to buy a cam.. and thinking about buying this...comp custom grind cam on Xer lobes with less than 500 miles on it.

this cam retails for $400+ new, it is 244/244 .612/.612 114LSA

Now..... i am wanting to put in rear gears and a 9 inch rear end. I am being told this will no longer be a fun streetable car and want to keep it that wasy as well. Can anyone point me in the direction on if this might be to big for my car, and what else you think i will need to get the best performance out of it? thanks for your help!

Leilani

Heads, thats a hefty cam but will make power where are you planning on revving the motor out to? Why get a 9" inch (I know they are good, just curious, I would run a 12 bolt)? Build your 10 bolt for the time being, unless your racing a whole bunch and or have issues with your stock one.

If you run that cam though you will need heads IMO.

Guest Removed
9" you could change gears for when going to the track! ie run 4.11s or 4.56s at the track and run like a 3.55 for normal driving and or roll racing. thats what makes the 9" nice is you can swap gears in 30 mins. as far as the cam you will need a tune of course and better valve springs. not sure if you need to worry about piston to valve clearance or not with that one or if you need to mod the heads for that much lift(with the springs etc. and if the heads come off port them! or cam it head porting springs head mods and then tune it.but then that all will depend on budget!

Guest hotrodmama024
I know i am changing my gears to 4:10. I know i will need heads and valve springs. What else should i replace or add? I have put rouch miles on it, just want to make sure my engine and all componets will be ready for these additions. Thanks for the suggestions.