Farmers > Allstate

Dr. Pomade

I've switched from Allstate to Farmers, which will save me a little over $150 per month (i.e., over $1800 per year). I still have the same components to my coverage (i.e., all three of my cars are covered in the ways they were covered with Allstate), so nothing was lost there. Additionally, get this, that figure also includes renters' insurance - meaning that, with Farmers, I have both car insurance and renters' insurance, but it's still $150 cheaper per month than just having car insurance with Allstate.

Farmers offered me a lot of discounts. For instance, I got 17% off of my car insurance for also getting renters' insurance through them (which basically translated into me getting the renters' insurance for free when you look at how it figures out), and I got another 10% off for having them automatically deduct payments from my checking account. I'm sure there are other discounts that I didn't get for one reason or another that would have resulted in even lower premiums.

I figured I would share this here since, well, it seems particularly relevant and it may result in you saving some cash. Of course, many of you may be exceptionally content with the insurance you have now, or Farmers may not be able to save you that much. But, I figured, if you're like me, then your of the opinion that it never really hurts to look into it.

I worked with Michelle at the Farmers office in Groveport. The number there is 614.491.4401. She was very helpful and, if you wanted to know more, then I would recommend calling her.

Good for you! When you buy insurance you expect them to pay if you need them. Allstate has a long track record of refusing to pay auto claims. most of the time they will force the issue to court, even on the medpay claims. If I see someone come into the office with Allstate for medpay or liability, I don't take the case unless they have regular health insurance or they pay cash upfront.

You are better off with any other company than Allstate.

Good savings....However, Statefarm > all

+10,000,000

They pay the claims with no problem. If I send in a claim to them for $3000 I get $3000. Same claim to Allstate, if we get paid, 1k max. That is a big IF.Most times we don't get paid. So I don't take the case.

Tilley, I have to ask, what are you insuring with them that you could even have that much room for savings? Are you carrying really high medical coverage or something?

Nope, not carrying anything out of the ordinary. Rather, I think the savings comes from Allstate overcharging me for everything. My father, who also switched from Allstate to Farmers, has an impeccable driving record, and Farmers was still able to save him $1000 a year by switching.

Did anybody say Statefarm>*?

I have been with Jason Hoy since I was 16. He has always gone to bat for me when it comes to a claim. And when my parents house caught on fire he was ou that night to get them in a hotel and cut a check that day to get what they needed.

I have seen cheaper rates but statefarm has me in a no drop clause because I've been with them since i was 16. sacings 50$ does not help if as soon as i make a claim im drpped. But I'm happy to hear you saved so much.

I'm curious WTH ur insurance did cost.

I've got

Bike

WRX (Most Expensive)

Equinox (not far behind)

Renters insurance

I paid I think 230 a month.

I have seen cheaper rates but statefarm has me in a no drop clause because I've been with them since i was 16. sacings 50$ does not help if as soon as i make a claim im drpped. But I'm happy to hear you saved so much.

I'm curious WTH ur insurance did cost.

I've got

Bike

WRX (Most Expensive)

Equinox (not far behind)

Renters insurance

I paid I think 230 a month.

With Allstate, for full coverage on all three of my cars - the Benz, the Montero, and the Z06 - I paid $340 per month. Yes, that much.

Now, with the same coverage on the same vehicles through Farmers, plus renters' insurance, I pay $190 per month. That seems a bit more reasonable to me.

I had State Farm for my renters' insurance, and they were wonderful. Economically, though, it just made more sense to go with Farmers at this time.

I've really been amazed at how differently rates can very for one person from company to company. A while back the news covered a survey of insurance rates(which caused me to shop around and change companies) and Farmers was consistently the most expensive, though they had the highest customer satisfaction. I guess you never know.

With Allstate, for full coverage on all three of my cars - the Benz, the Montero, and the Z06 - I paid $340 per month. Yes, that much.

Now, with the same coverage on the same vehicles through Farmers, plus renters' insurance, I pay $190 per month. That seems a bit more reasonable to me.

I had State Farm for my renters' insurance, and they were wonderful. Economically, though, it just made more sense to go with Farmers at this time.

Jesus Christ that is a shit ton of money you were paying a month before. Anytime you can get all your insurance needs from one company it is better because you can get the most discounts that way.

I have state farm for car/home/motorcycle.

Good move on saving so much money.

I have Allstate. Got hit by an uninsured motorist last year and they covered everything, no problem. My rates never went up. A few months before that I got a reckless op. and my rates still didn't change. I pay about 160/month for full coverage but I'm still fairly young, I think we get a big drop in prices at age 25? I recently bought a second car, liability only, and added renters insurance, after charges and discounts I pay 160/month to cover all 3. I think thats pretty good... I do deal with an agent though, not just the 1-800 Allstate office or whatever.

ha. i have 1 cheap car, decent record last few years (no accidents/violations since june 04), couple tint tickets, and an accident i didnt claim or get a ticket for...filled out accident report incase i wanted to go thru insurance, but didnt, and i pay 206/mo. im gonna start shopping again soon. maybe ill hit up farmers and state farm

statefarm = 148/mo for $889.46 six months premium - $148.24 per month

Bodily Injury / Property Damage: $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 $422.42

Comprehensive: $500 $60.65

Collision: $500 $302.63

Uninsured Motor Vehicle - Bodily Injury: $100,000/$300,000 $37.12

Medical Payments: $5,000 $46.24

Emergency Road Service: $1.80

Car Rental and Travel Expense: $25/Day Max $600 $18.60

and farmers about what im paying now

im gonna call a couple agents with each and see if i cant save myself some money