goodbye to the gto

Orion

if all goes correctly with my inspection this afternoon, i will be trading in my gto on an acura tl this evening. i love the goat, but my mother has accumulated substantial medical bills since i have purchased it, and i really need a car i can drive year round. i am thrilled with the tl though, as it is a wonderful car inside and out, and im getting an amazing deal on it. hopefully ill have pics this evening.

that being said, if anyone wants a last second shot at the gto, im selling for 21k.:D

if all goes correctly with my inspection this afternoon, i will be trading in my gto on an acura tl this evening. i love the goat, but my mother has accumulated substantial medical bills since i have purchased it, and i really need a car i can drive year round. i am thrilled with the tl though, as it is a wonderful car inside and out, and im getting an amazing deal on it. hopefully ill have pics this evening.

what year? is it just a TL or TL Type-S?

I almost bought an 05 with 39k for 15 from one of my clients. Nice cars. Only reason I didnt buy it was the automatic.

Manual or Automatic, it doesnt matter that's a kickass deal for such low miles. I would've jumped on it. Did they even make TL's with true manual transmission's? I thought only paddle shifter's come with TL's and the TSX was the only one to come with a manual transmission?

thanks guys.

the TL has an optional manual 6 speed tranny. the auto comes with paddle shifters. usually, you can only get the 6 spd in the "s", but apparently, mine is special. its got a hurst short throw shifter as well. quite a difference from rowing through the gears in the goat.

not sure on the new, new ones, but I'm pretty sure in 03-05 the 6spd manual was offered in the non Type S. I have been away from the Honda world since I ditched my 03AV6 a couple years back.

the auto versions sucked because they would shift from 1st before redline on their own. kinda defeats the purpose IMO. not to mention the recall/fix they implimented after so many years of them failing.

The 04 I drove didn't have paddles, it was on the center console. nice to see they moved them to the wheel.

thanks guys.

usually, you can only get the 6 spd in the "s", but apparently, mine is special.

Nice phone!

taken with the camera phone at work.