Opinions on Fusion/Milan

Cougar1647545494

I'm looking at getting a new vehicle soon enough. 4 door is preferred, a few years old (05-07).

I really like the Milan's, as well as the Subaru legacy, though it's a bit pricier. I've always been attracted to the Mazda 6. A 4 cylinder would be ok, though I'd prefer a v6. Anyone own either or have suggestions on them? I'm trying to keep it below 17k.

I need something with a better ride, and better gas mileage would be a plus.

Was it 120k or 140k?

LOL it was 140k

Cougar ill be nice and not call you random names but give you a honest answer.

If you want to retain ANY TYPE of resale value. (cars=one of worst investments in history) You will want to stay away from Fusion/Milan. Both are nice cars with minimal reported problems so far. If you want a car that will retain its resale much better i would recommend the Legacy GT in a heartbeat.

http://autotrader.autos.msn.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=238623417&dealer_id=77511&car_year=2007&model=LEGACY&num_records=&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=SUB&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=43055&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=17000&cardist=26

That was about a 30 second search and seems like a pretty good deal.

The Milan/fusion/mazda6/mkz are all based on the same platform. I personally would not want to drive a vehicle labled as a replacement for a mercury mystique.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_Milan

In closing step up to a real car like the legacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Legacy

I think in the end the overall fit finish and longevity of the Subaru will impress you much more then the fusion/milan.

+1 on Drewz2nr

And don't get hung up on the number of cylindars or displacement BS so many buy into. Look at power output and efficiency. Weigh them to your liking and go from there.

I've owned an embarasing amount of newer and older Fords and a few Subarus. Fords have always been a result of what appeared to be a good deal. And they have been in great shape when I got them, too. I cannot say I miss any of my Fords. Even my rusted out 1990 FWD Legacy L was a wonderful, solid car. Yes, I said Solidand rusted in the same sentance about my Subaru.

The Mazda 6 really is a great car, too. I've heard good things about the Fusion and Milan, but nothing terribly special even if they are the same platform.

Goodluck in your search! I know you'll love the Legacy if you go with that one. The deals are out there.

My wife has a Mazda 6 that is pretty much our "family truckster". It's an 03 she bought new and we just turned 86,xxx miles on it the other day. The biggest problem that we've had to fix so far was one of the mufflers rusting off which was a $60 welding fix. Other than that it's taken the abuse quite well.

She has a 4-cyl auto. It's definately not fast but you won't get run over by traffic or anything. She gets around 22mpg city measured at the pump and as high as 29-31mpg on the highway.

Drew, Staywide: You missed the post. Another user had been knowingly posting under my name. The moderators have already taken care of it.

I do understand a car is a very bad investment. However, I absolutely need one for my job as the majority of it is driving to multiple customers sites hours away.

Damn. I'd love to have a TL nice but very high mileage. I've heard Acura's are expensive to repair. The other's I'm not sure I could afford the insurance payments. If I could only get my student loans paid off.

Damn. I'd love to have a TL nice but very high mileage. I've heard Acura's are expensive to repair. The other's I'm not sure I could afford the insurance payments. If I could only get my student loans paid off.

You would be surprised at what the insurance costs on some cars. Such as a Corvette being way cheaper than a F-body/Mustang. Sometimes these semi-luxury cars are way cheaper than the econo-cars, simply due to the people who normally own them.

Hell, it was cheaper to have full coverage on my 94 Mustang GT than it was on the 96 Sebring Rag-Top I had for a short while...you'd figure grandpa's Sebring would be way cheaper. You never know unless you check.

If you get a Fusion/Milan, are you going for the AWD or FWD? The FWD does us pretty good in the snow, so I can imagine the AWD would be a beast. Oh, and if you are getting a new one, they have the SYNC system in them. VERY Badazz :cool:

If you get a Fusion/Milan, are you going for the AWD or FWD? The FWD does us pretty good in the snow, so I can imagine the AWD would be a beast. Oh, and if you are getting a new one, they have the SYNC system in them. VERY Badazz :cool:

I'd like an 08, but brand new I can't get the features I want. AWD would be a blast. So if I come across one, I'll jump on it. Otherwise, FWD always worked good for me before. I'll just have to get some killer snow tires.

One of the picks of our company cars is the Fusion. A coworker has one and he drove us from the airport after a business trip. The AWD is quite good at what it does. In the Utah weather/ice/snow it was almost as flawless as it could get.

It's not Subaru AWD or anything, but then again it's still a family sedan. If it wasn't for my distaste is the way a car rides, I'd consider it (Mazda 6 AWD actually) for the next company car.