Trailblazer SS: why shouldnt I get one?

dragknee66

styling is a bit dated IMO. but I'm biased as I had an LTZ back in June 2001 shortly after it came out. there's a nice SRT8 at the Toy Barn now....not as many on the road either. I'd love one, but given they are rated at like 12mpg in the city, I'd likely get only 9-10mpg given my track record in the GXP. ouch!

So the TB SS weighs in at around 4500lbs, and my pig ass Goat weighs in just shy of that... and I miss my SUV.. why shouldnt I just trade my shit in and get one of these?

I am thinking outloud :D

So he can't get it covered in mud and spend an hour cleaning it off? What a shame :p .

Who said anything about cleaning it off? :)

Yeah it really sucks when I encounter that huge mud puddle on a drive and I have to turn around and just go home.

If you had a real 4x4 and new what off roading was you wouldn't have to. Your car is cute though, being AWD and "rally" and all. :)

j/k I just told my wife a couple days ago I want my next car to be a WRX. I LOVE those things. As far as I'm concerned when it comes to AWD Suburu's got it down pat.

I will ALWAYS own a 4x4 of some kind though. Preferably a Jeep. To be able to pull a lever and drive through about anything is a nice little luxury I have come accustomed to. Plus I prefer more of an adventure than just driving a turboed car on pavement all the time.

So which is better in your guys opinion, the SS or the SRT8?

Aside from the Impala and Trailblazer, Chevy does not any other good SS models, so I'm going to say the SRT8, since there are more vehicles to choose from.

Srt 8 for power and imo looks, but the SS is cheaper.

A friend of mine has the SRT8 300c and he races his brothers 04 Cobra and another guys GTO. He is able to take the GTO, the 6.0, but loses to the snake. SRT8s make good power. I, personally, want the cherokee. Very nice!!

I guess I should be little more specific.

Between the Trailblazer SS and Grand Cherokee SRT8.

Cherokee

Who said anything about cleaning it off? :)

If you had a real 4x4 and new what off roading was you wouldn't have to. Your car is cute though, being AWD and "rally" and all. :)

j/k I just told my wife a couple days ago I want my next car to be a WRX. I LOVE those things. As far as I'm concerned when it comes to AWD Suburu's got it down pat.

I will ALWAYS own a 4x4 of some kind though. Preferably a Jeep. To be able to pull a lever and drive through about anything is a nice little luxury I have come accustomed to. Plus I prefer more of an adventure than just driving a turboed car on pavement all the time.

Oh.. I see now:

"Location: C-Ville"

I guess I should be little more specific.

Between the Trailblazer SS and Grand Cherokee SRT8.

That's my bad.

I'll post dyno #'s up here in the next few months, we've got an 06' SRT8 Cherokee and an 07 TBSS AWD both getting blowers. We'll see who packs the bigger punch. I'm biased towards the TBSS due to the LS2 and the availible parts.

Oh.. I see now:

"Location: C-Ville"

Well golly gee! You city folks sher is funny! :)

I grew up n Columbus and moved back here for awhile and don't really miss it. 97.3% of the people that the BMV gives licenses to are complete motards. In c-ville all you have to do is avoid court street on friday and saturday night, and actually I do that most effectively by being in Columbus. My daily commute through the heart of our great state capital is enough to keep me away though.

I enjoy driving the Jetta a ton and want a WRX like nothing else, its just a little mundane when I drive on paved roads every single day. I enjoy road courses and even more so rally. Hitting a trail through the trees to set up camp though it a blast. Same reason I bought an ATV instead of a crotch rocket.

All that and the fact that I'm to fat to fit in a sports car and they have yet to build a crotch rocket with a strong enough suspension to keep it from looking like I'm doing a wheelie while at a stand still.