Bye Bye Rotary....Hello LS1

Linc5.0

So I have been thinking since I bought the car that I wanted to do an LSX swap ...but didnt know when. Well the time is now. I will be having IPS motorsports doing the work. Im going with the hinsonsupercars kit and have my motor and tranny,wiring etc lined up, just waiting for it to be pulled....I know that I could do this build myself, but I neither have the time or patience right now and want it done in a reasonable about of time...something I would not be able to do... :woowoo: :woowoo:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+100 for IPS. I've yet to have a single bad experiance. Even when another shop totaly dropped the ball on my STI RA. IPS Fought for me and even went out of there way to make sure my car was back on the road.

Can't wait to see it.

So I have been thinking since I bought the car that I wanted to do an LSX swap ...but didnt know when. Well the time is now. I will be having IPS motorsports doing the work. Im going with the hinsonsupercars kit and have my motor and tranny,wiring etc lined up, just waiting for it to be pulled....I know that I could do this build myself, but I neither have the time or patience right now and want it done in a reasonable about of time...something I would not be able to do... :woowoo: :woowoo:

Erik,

I will give you a call today on the Hinson parts so we can get the ball rolling on those and some progress on some of the used pieces we talked about as well.

Thanks for the post and I cant wait to get her in to get started. Going to be a fun fun car and will be reliable and get good gas mileage and look great and ...

I need one of those :)

Jeff

I cringe every time I hear of another turbo FC/FD losing its rotary. I know they are hard to maintain, but I really like rotarys. Oh well...its your car man.

I do the opposite, I applaud someone yanking those crappy sounding, oil drinking, maintenance intensive, no torque, unreliable, fuel inefficient motors.

I do the opposite, I applaud someone yanking those crappy sounding, oil drinking, maintenance intensive, no torque, unreliable, fuel inefficient motors.

ok tell us how you really feel about them. Don't hold anything back.

Goodluck with the swap.