Bye Bye Rotary....Hello LS1

Linc5.0

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
got to drive the car on saturday....only issues left if figuring out why the dash lights and buzzing noises wont stop....from what i could tell she will be running strong and in my possession this week!!! :bangbang:

I would add a cut out for making people respect the ls1 authoritah!

Your v8 has a fart can LOLOLOL. MY WRX is offended. Dig?

I still can't get over the way a ls1 sounds threw that muffler.

Imagine a honda pissed off bees in a coffee can. Ok got it in your head?

Make them bee's into Gigantic fucking superwasps maybe even mothra.

Now by no means does it sound like a honda ricer car. It just don't sound like what I think of when i think LS1. Looks like a damn fun toy I can't wait to see it at the track.

nice work! post some pic's of the work you completed, I love seeing guys take on the work themself. Good job man.

I didnt do the work myself. As for the buzzers...yes its the coolant buzzer and the exhaust temp buzzer...they wont stop.lol.

As for the exhaust, i think it sounds mean as hell and I love it.

Brian....if I change my mind ill let you know. Either way, Ill give you my cost on mulch.

glad to hear that things are going forward Erik. June 20th is when we're planning on our next trip to Nelson and I'm hoping to put a more thorough shake down on the FD. Hopefully you can tag along.

plus we need to have our rotary vs. piston showdown, so that can be the final portion :D

I as well didn't think the exhaust overheat light had a buzzer associated with it but I could be wrong. The other buzzer could be that damn "shift" buzzer.

All said and done, I think the Auto-to-6sd Swap probably took as long or longer than the actual LS1 swap due to having to wait on parts from Mazda all the time. Nothing was in stock and we would wait 3-5 days only to find that half the time they didn't send the part(s) we ordered in the first place. GM LSx parts were always in stock so no hold-ups on that end at all.

Buzzing issues were only a temporary thing (All fixed now) so down to a couple little things and she is ready to roll.

I will take a few pics today and maybe a quick vid as well.

Jeff