Could Cars and Coffee work in Columbus?

AudiOn19s

Has anyone tried to organize a cars and coffee type of event in Columbus before?

Basically they're informal, weekly meets of car guys and cool cars early saturday mornings. obviously they work better in warm climates but I really like the idea and wonder if it could work in Columbus.

Platform: Saturday morning from 7am - 9am at a designated location (since most business are not open at this hour it makes things easier). Great way to start off the day, catch up with buddies, catch a caffine beverage of choice and admire nice cars. At 9am it's done and everyone goes about whatever they have to get done on their Saturday.

I realize CR has the parking lot reserved @ Quaker Steak at nights so maybe this is redundant???...but could involve a larger audience in a laid back setting.

examples:

http://carsandcoffee.info/main.html

http://crystalcovecarshow.blogspot.com/

Andy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

id be down. gives some of the more mature folks a chance to get together without being inundated with foolishness. (i think im turning into an old fogey)

I'd be down for it too. I agree with ^^^. Most people that are willing to wake up before noon on a Saturday and meet for a few hours would be a nice mature/ intelligent group of people!

PS. This is an awesome idea. I like incentives to get up in the morning and generally like driving/going places in my car during brisk summer mornings. IMO the ideal time to hang back and check out some nice vehicles. Everyone is still waking up and too damn early for ricer burn-outs. :)

QS&L is pretty much done for (other than an occasional meet here and there). I'm trying to find a place in a good area closer to the central area so thats its a fair distance for everyone (if you have any ideas please PM me)

The coffee thing is a great idea. I would honestly rather do this than a late night meet....

QS&L is pretty much done for (other than an occasional meet here and there). I'm trying to find a place in a good area closer to the central area so thats its a fair distance for everyone (if you have any ideas please PM me)

The coffee thing is a great idea. I would honestly rather do this than a late night meet....

hounddogs

Honestly, unless it gets crazy, I only see a small amount of people actually showing up to these cars & coffee things. The group will probably change a lot too as not everyone will make it every Saturday. So, maybe, a definite spot does not need to be set up? Possibly pick a place and every goes....change it up sometimes?

Awesome idea though Andy.

i have an idea...

DO NOT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TRY TO FIND AN "OFFICIAL" CR HANGOUT PLACE!!!!

every single time any one of us has christened anyplace our official hangout place, its dead in a month. its the kiss of death, seriously. just get in the meetings section, say "this is where well be tonight", and let that be it. if thats not coordinated enough for some people, fuck'em.

i have an idea...

DO NOT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TRY TO FIND AN "OFFICIAL" CR HANGOUT PLACE!!!!

every single time any one of us has christened anyplace our official hangout place, its dead in a month. its the kiss of death, seriously. just get in the meetings section, say "this is where well be tonight", and let that be it. if thats not coordinated enough for some people, fuck'em.

Twas' my point. I don't think a 8-9am spot needs to be "official". Seems like the turnout would be rather small and chill.