Could Cars and Coffee work in Columbus?

AudiOn19s

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The morning thing would have to rotate. loud cars and coffee shops dont really mix. There will also be no such thing as an "official spot"... even though having one did get people out twice a week, every weekend, for 3+ months last year.

I just want to avoid the 4 different "hey lets meet here" threads that usually end up with less than 3 people showing up in each place.

COS has weekly meets that change from Friday to Saturday, and sometimes location. The trick is to have one "official" person make the thread at the beginning/middle of the week. Then people can post if they intend to arrive. But if one person becomes known as the proper organizer for this, it should cut down on copycat threads.

As for the C&C meets, I think it's a good idea. Grated it'll probably be just "Old Fogeys" ;) but that can be a good thing too. The ricers will certianly be too busy sleeping. I'd show.

This sounds like an awesome idea, while reading your first post I was stoked. I'd be down for sure, I'd probably make it out every Saturday. If we could arrange this it'd be great and I think it'd catch on with a lot of the older, more mature crowd.

While all the retards are still sleeping from the night before, the mature crowd could come out and actually talk cars and hang out.

All,

Glad this has sparked some interest. I say when it gets warm enough we have a couple of impromptu (sp?) Saturday morning trial runs with this and if it looks like it may catch on then we can change things up as needed. Again since it's early enough on a Saturday I'd bet we can gather just about anywhere prior to business' opening as long as we're not disrupting their early morning customers. I'm sure there are endless spots that we could go without being in the way of anything until car counts start to grow (if it gets to that point).

Andy

Im down, I totally agree with the "older" crowd idea and not getting as much punk kids to the late night meets.

Just an idea, since it is called cars&coffee, why not just rotate to different coffee shops or Starbucks locations? Easy enough. The starbucks right up the road from me on Sawmill/Hard has plenty of parking available and Im sure they wont mind the extra business. Same goes with the starbucks location down the road from that one. I wont be able to make every gathering but for the fridays i dont drink or go out I could easily be there.

All,

Glad this has sparked some interest. I say when it gets warm enough we have a couple of impromptu (sp?) Saturday morning trial runs with this and if it looks like it may catch on then we can change things up as needed. Again since it's early enough on a Saturday I'd bet we can gather just about anywhere prior to business' opening as long as we're not disrupting their early morning customers. I'm sure there are endless spots that we could go without being in the way of anything until car counts start to grow (if it gets to that point).

Andy

Andy, yeah, it's an awesome idea, and I'm totally down for it. How about then we just leave it to you to post up when the time's (i.e., weather's) right and go from there. Like DJ has said, there's really no need to try to organize anything "official" - it's the kiss of fucking death, after all. You post up the when and where, and we can go from there.