Post em up, Gas receipts.

SpaceGhost

Filled up today, Had a $2.00 coupon even, and for 14.738 Gal it still cost me $51.04. :bs: Little Flat 4, with a 15.9 Gal Tank that lasts a week. :nono: That's right DJ that Prius is looking sweet for a DD. My father in-law's got 48MPG on his last tank. That is 30.35 more miles per gallon then I get. I got 260 Miles to the tank. Well here is the receipt:

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/GasMarch15th2008.jpg

Let's see some more posted up.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I regret selling my bike now that it's getting warmer. I had a 15 minute drive to work everyday and only spent about 10-15 dollars a week on gas when working 6 DAYS A WEEK!!!!! :( The escape needs a tune up it's horrible on gas right now.

12-13mpg sucks but I knew that going into the deal. I'm seriously considering a high mileage DD and waiting 1-2 years so I can buy a nice ride for the the fun days. Not even so much the money but the point of paying so much for gas and everything that just a couple years ago was so much more tolerable.

I saw customer of mine with a Toyota Camry Hybrid with some nice 18" Lexus Wheels, lowered just a bit and good tint. Definitely had style and the JBL sound systems that was stock sounded pretty darn nice. Averages about 36mpg in the city which is 99% of the driving I do.

But then I see this and I want to go get one right now :D

GM Announces LS3 Powered G8 GXP

i own a gas station so i dont pay for gas....

whats it like to pay for gas 14 and 15 gallon at a time??? cuz i have to buy it 5,000 to 10,000 gallon at a time!!!! :eek:

it is quite painful at times. At least you make money!

Just for shits, here's the math on what I'm weighing.

I average less than 7,000 miles per year but am bumping it to 8,000 miles of driving given other trips, etc....mostly 99% city too.

Given that with gas prices at: for say the after high and low grades.

$3.25

$3.45

If I buy a G8 GXP and average 12mpg as I am now, I'd be surprised but I'm going with the low end of things. I can get 14-16mpg out of my current ride, but I don't tend to drive that way. Comparing that to say a small Prius at 46mpg and using roughly 173 gals gas to go 8,000 miles.

8,000 / 12 = 666 gals gas. That in itself is a bit creepy :eek:

GXP Cost = $3.45 x 666 = 2297 / 12 = $191mo.

Prius Cost = $3.25 x 173 = $565 / 12 = $47mo.

Now compared to a standard Civic EX at 29mpg using 275gals gas

Civic Cost = $3.25 x 275 = $896 / 12 = $74mo.

The argument I have with Hybrid folks is the cost delta between say the Prius or Civic Hybrid vs the regular gas version is still too high. I'm better off getting 29mpg out of a regular civic as I'd have to drive the shit out of the car to see a break even point.

Then I have to look at the delta of the $117 mo. gas savings and ask if it's worth trading a G8 GXP for say a Civic EX. :confused: almost not in my opinion.

However, if I buy a small Civic, pay that shit off in 2-3 years or quicker, I could then simply buy a Vette and be done with all this shit ;)

For me, it's all going to boil down to emotion. I need to stay away from driving any performance cars or surfing the web before I buy either.

I suppose I should update the numbers though. Especially since I paid $3.66 gal for gas just the other day :eek::eek: