(gun crew) updated - my M&P

evan9381

It has been said, that if you are going to use a gun for carry/defensive purposes, to leave it box stock save for some night sights. Reason being - If a lawyer finds out that you've got a 'modified' gun, after you've shot somebody, they're going to have a hayday with it in court.

That's a good point... You'd go from a law abiding citizen trying to protect yourself, to a crazy cowboy real quick.

• Confused 1

no they are for loading the guns magazine. just a speed loader.

Stripper clip

Main article: Stripper clip

A stripper clip or charger is a speedloader that holds several cartridges together in a single unit for easier loading of a firearm's magazine. A stripper clip is used only for loading the magazine and is not necessary for the firearm to function. It is called a 'stripper' clip because, after the bolt is opened and the stripper clip is placed in position (generally by placing it in a slot on either the receiver or bolt), the cartridges are pressed down, thereby 'stripping' them off of the stripper clip and into the magazine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_%28ammunition%29#Stripper_clip

Still a clip though.

I do, however, fully agree with what you said about magazines. I just wanted to mention that when I think of a clip, I think of a stripper clip. Belt fed MG's usually have ammo boxes feeding them. Non-belt fed generally still use magazines.

for those w/ the M&P, i started offering the slide letter painting for those who dont want to attempt it on their own. im finishing a guys 357 slide tonight, and putty has contacted me to do his. ive got a few colors available. PM me if you're interested.

ill post some new pics of mine and this guys 357 in red tonight if i get time

Still a clip though.

I do, however, fully agree with what you said about magazines. I just wanted to mention that when I think of a clip, I think of a stripper clip. Belt fed MG's usually have ammo boxes feeding them. Non-belt fed generally still use magazines.

this is true but you are getting too technical on just one gun that its that way on. a lawyer would try and make it look like it would be on all guns, what ever would make you look bad.

A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine of a repeating firearm. This speeds up the process of loading the firearm as several rounds can be loaded at once, rather than one round being loaded at a time. Several different types of clips exist, most of which are made of inexpensive metal stampings that are designed to be disposable, though they are often re-used.

The term clip is commonly but erroneously used to describe a firearm magazine, generally a specific type of magazine known as a detachable box magazine, or even a firearm belt. These uses of the term are incorrect; a clip is typically used to load a magazine, while a magazine or a belt is used to load cartridges into the chamber of a firearm.[1] An exception to this general rule is the moon clip (see below), which is used to load rimless revolver cartridges directly into the chamber.

you know, i read over this thread to see if i maybe used the term "clip" incorrectly, or if anyone else used the term, and i didnt see where anyone did. so im not sure how this turned into an e-battle, with no spark to get the flames going...?

you know, i read over this thread to see if i maybe used the term "clip" incorrectly, or if anyone else used the term, and i didnt see where anyone did. so im not sure how this turned into an e-battle, with no spark to get the flames going...?

i think you have mis read what i have said as there is no e-battleing that i see. i know no one in this thread has said clip but there have been other times in other threads that people have called a mag a clip. i was just giving a heads up for an "if" this happens to use the right term for the right part.

as for me and copperhead we are just talking, no butting heads on this end.

eh, i guess it just sorta came off that way. oh well.

back on topic...few pics of the slide i finished tonight. pics suck, as the camera is getting older. looks much better in person..

http://photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC02504.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC02507.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC02509.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC02510.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC02512.jpg

i dont have my CCW yet (been too lazy to take the course), so i havent been carrying it outside of my apartment. i do like to throw it on to start getting a feel for it. with the adjustable cant, and the fact i can raise/lower how high the gun sits in relation to my belt, i have it perfect for myself. theres so many combinations, it would suprise me if you cant get a good fit for yourself.

i really like the fact it has a leather back piece, so it keeps from printing on you from having it on all day. that, and the leather makes it much more comfortable if you have a few extra pounds around the midsection (as you can tell, i do).

this is true but you are getting too technical on just one gun that its that way on. a lawyer would try and make it look like it would be on all guns, what ever would make you look bad.

A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine of a repeating firearm. This speeds up the process of loading the firearm as several rounds can be loaded at once, rather than one round being loaded at a time. Several different types of clips exist, most of which are made of inexpensive metal stampings that are designed to be disposable, though they are often re-used.

The term clip is commonly but erroneously used to describe a firearm magazine, generally a specific type of magazine known as a detachable box magazine, or even a firearm belt. These uses of the term are incorrect; a clip is typically used to load a magazine, while a magazine or a belt is used to load cartridges into the chamber of a firearm.[1] An exception to this general rule is the moon clip (see below), which is used to load rimless revolver cartridges directly into the chamber.

Your first paragraph is describing stripper clips. I agree with it completely though. I just used my Mauser as an example, since that's what I happen to have. Many military bolt actions are designed to utilize stripper clips for speed of loading, even the SKS which is a semi-auto can use them. Hell, I forgot about moon clips :)

I've just never seen anything feeding machine guns that have ever been referred to as clips though, that's what sparked my entering into this conversation. There are different classes of machine gun though, so who knows. All that I could think of were magazine fed small arms, and larger belt fed guns.

Your first paragraph is describing stripper clips. I agree with it completely though. I just used my Mauser as an example, since that's what I happen to have. Many military bolt actions are designed to utilize stripper clips for speed of loading, even the SKS which is a semi-auto can use them. Hell, I forgot about moon clips :)

I've just never seen anything feeding machine guns that have ever been referred to as clips though, that's what sparked my entering into this conversation. There are different classes of machine gun though, so who knows. All that I could think of were magazine fed small arms, and larger belt fed guns.

In general, the belt is either permanently linked, fed through the weapon, and subsequently pushed out the other side of the chamber, or the links themselves "disintegrate", or break apart after firing, as the cartridges are integral to the design of the belt.

think of the links as clips that hold the rounds together in the belt. thats where they got it. there are two types of belts.

In general, the belt is either permanently linked, fed through the weapon, and subsequently pushed out the other side of the chamber, or the links themselves "disintegrate", or break apart after firing, as the cartridges are integral to the design of the belt.

think of the links as clips that hold the rounds together in the belt. thats where they got it. there are two types of belts.

Ok, now I understand what you have been talking about. I've never heard any kind of belt being called that, hence my confusion. Makes sense though.

• 1 month later...
Looks good man. I carry IWB all day long. I dont have problems with it at all. I have an Uncle Mike's.

If you get a leather holster I would oil it and which for give it a little more flex to help settle it in.

I recommend not oiling it. Wrap the gun with saran wrap 2x and leave it sit for 24 - 48 hours. Depending on what oil you use, you will have an issue with a sloppy holster.

I've got a MTAC for my Springfield XD .45, and I like it a lot. The only problem I've had is that the 1.5in belt size standard clips seemed to be a little undersized. A thick 1.5in belt would go through, but not easily. Obviously, this helps keep the holster located properly and prevents it from sliding around, but it is a little inconvenient. Thinner belts solved the problem.

Any of you Open Carry? I had initially planned to keep it concealed. But have recently been open carrying and I must say that it is a million times more comfortable. Thats one of the only *good* things about Utah though, it's a Gold Star Open Carry state. Ohio isn't quite there, but Ohio's laws are coming around.

Evan, I have a brand new magazine for your gun. Trade ya for some child care :D

i talked to the g/f about it, and she said shes gonna pass, since she usually hits the sack by about 930-10pm

but if you need someone for a couple hours, im usually up late night, and free mags are always good. i can deal with kids...as long as i can give them back. :D:D