Anyone else have a crappy Easter?

Nitrousbird

So my fiancée and I left her place on the west side late Sunday morning to make the 1.5hr trip north to my Dad's place, where a bunch of family was getting together for Easter.

We stop at Speedway to grab a drink for the drive (already had a mostly full tank of fuel). As we leave, the Avalanche stummbles for a second. Odd, as this has been a pretty problem-free vehicle, and never an issue with running. I get onto 270, and after a 1/2 mile, it starts stumbling badly, and within a mile dies.

Ahhh, no codes, no start. I can't hear the fuel pump prime. AAA tows me back to my house on the east side, where my roomate and I discover I have no fuel pressure, but the fuel pump relay is clicking.

$244 + tax later, I have a fuel pump. Pump a lot of the gas out, with a leaky pump (and dumping most of it into my boat's fuel tank), then deal with the hassle of getting the pump swapped out. I've dropped a few tanks before, and though this looked like a pretty easy job, it was more of a PITA than expected. A few hours (and soaked in gas) later, the Avalanche is up and running again.

So, instead of a family dinner, I got to lay my ass on the pavement and change out a fuel pump. Happy F'ing Easter.

I had an okay Easter, but I too have been having problems w/ my dad's suburban. It's an 03 w/ the 5.3, flex fuel. A few months back it developed an idle issue while we were in Tennessee, and it died once. Some fuel injector cleaner in the tank seemed to help for a while, but now it seems pretty persistent. No codes or anything, injectors look good.

Anyway, over the weekend I changed the fuel filter on it, but it doesn't seem to have helped anything. Maybe I'm dealing w/ a pump on it's way out too....hope not.

not me, but my g/fs mom did...long story short...

went to g/fs grandparents for lunch/dinner, converse with the family for a bit. start talking about their new cocker spaniel that has bitten me twice in the ~4-6 weeks theyve had it. her dad said something about it never biting her mom, and i say (sarcastically) "yet". well, we get home, about an hour later, her dad calls, dog bit her mom, going to the hospital. about 1030, get a call, shes got 30 stiches on the top of her arm, and the bottom, when docs were looking to see if he tore any tendons, they could see straight thru her arm

dog has been put to sleep, mom can barely move her fingers, and is in quite a bit of pain

I had an okay Easter, but I too have been having problems w/ my dad's suburban. It's an 03 w/ the 5.3, flex fuel. A few months back it developed an idle issue while we were in Tennessee, and it died once. Some fuel injector cleaner in the tank seemed to help for a while, but now it seems pretty persistent. No codes or anything, injectors look good.

Anyway, over the weekend I changed the fuel filter on it, but it doesn't seem to have helped anything. Maybe I'm dealing w/ a pump on it's way out too....hope not.

your dealing with cloging fuel injectors and possible intake gaskets. there are an updated gasket for the flex-fuels, i can get you a part number if you PM me.

an injector flush with GM's new injector cleaner will more than likely take care of the stall along with a throttle body cleaning.

Well, how about having a damn tree fall on me? My brother and I went out to the rents to help Pops clear some dead locust trees. They were chopping them up with the chainsaw while I knoocked them down and snatched them out with the tractor. As I was pushing one down with the front loader bucket, the top snapped off and came down on the rollbar, then hit me across the jaw and wrist...I'm fine, little tender, but no visible bruising. Finshed out the day looking up more often.

Uhh I "think" I have you beat Joe I took my parents to Easter dinner abough 2 hrs away and about halfway there my truck started whining and it got louder with the speed. I make it there ok look around and see nothing obvious. I drive back home this time whining is louder I get to drop my parents off to get their car and leave get on the highway and a loud thud and even louder whining. GREAT! I make it home and search the net and apparently there is some weak bearing in my OD gear in my trans that goes out! YEA me!

Now I get to have it replaced.......sometime. That isn't going to be cheap! :(

Sidebar why didn't you just leave your truck home and drive Janet's car up there so you didn't miss dinner? I wouldn't have missed some good food for a damn fuel pump!

Sidebar why didn't you just leave your truck home and drive Janet's car up there so you didn't miss dinner? I wouldn't have missed some good food for a damn fuel pump!

Dinner was @ 1PM. I didn't even get back to my house until 1PM. Then the 25 minute drive back to Janet's. Since Tim hasn't charged the battery in the Vette, nor changed the oil, I couldn't drive that.

Tim could have gave us a ride, but then I would have got there @ 3PM. BUT, I wouldn't have anything to drive to work Monday, since the Formula is still in pieces.

So my fiancée and I left her place on the west side late Sunday morning to make the 1.5hr trip north to my Dad's place, where a bunch of family was getting together for Easter.

We stop at Speedway to grab a drink for the drive (already had a mostly full tank of fuel). As we leave, the Avalanche stummbles for a second. Odd, as this has been a pretty problem-free vehicle, and never an issue with running. I get onto 270, and after a 1/2 mile, it starts stumbling badly, and within a mile dies.

Ahhh, no codes, no start. I can't hear the fuel pump prime. AAA tows me back to my house on the east side, where my roomate and I discover I have no fuel pressure, but the fuel pump relay is clicking.

$244 + tax later, I have a fuel pump. Pump a lot of the gas out, with a leaky pump (and dumping most of it into my boat's fuel tank), then deal with the hassle of getting the pump swapped out. I've dropped a few tanks before, and though this looked like a pretty easy job, it was more of a PITA than expected. A few hours (and soaked in gas) later, the Avalanche is up and running again.

So, instead of a family dinner, I got to lay my ass on the pavement and change out a fuel pump. Happy F'ing Easter.

Should have bought a Toyota.

My Easter was no fun. It was my wife's birthday and my parents had my daughter for most of the day so I thought this would go good. I even started the day off with an early morning trip around 270 in the Camaro, only the second time it has been out this year. Got home felt crappy so I took a nap. I woke up and I could hardly breath, my throat had swolen mostly shut, so scarred to death went down to the hospital and found out that my throat had been bothering me because I had strep. So a shot and a presciption later I am feeling better.

?????

You don't think the same companies that supply fuel pumps to GM don't supply the EXACT SAME pump to import makers as well?? Shit happens; this isn't an overly common problem with these trucks.

And I didn't get to use my new tools...they were still in my girl's condo. I have plenty of tools here, just most of them are my roomate's.

Ahhh well, truck has 109k on the clock now (I drive a lot), something had to go wrong some time I suppose. I've only really done basic maintenance to it...new tires that lasted a long time, brakes that did their fair share of duty and then some, fluids, un-needed tuneup, etc.