May 2nd Predictions thread.

Ramsey

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like my build will be done in time... with that being said, I expect to run faster than last year. By how much, who knows, but since I went 11.16 on Motor last year, I should be able to at least get into the low 10's with the new build. If all goes well and they don't kick me out, I plan on at least one big boost pass which should put me well into the 9's.

I guess only traction will tell, but with the steamrollers on the back of my car, all the hardened drivetrain and the new automatic, I may be able to bring the thing out good enough for a decent pass.

If I get the Cuda back form the chassis shop and if I get the engine back from the engine shop and if I thrash hard enough to get it all back together and running and then to Dyno Tune to tune it and then back to chassis shop to scale it and the motor works the way the computer dyno predicts then mid 10 sec. If none of this works out I will bring the Roush and hope for 13's.

I'm hoping to run more MPH in the 1/8th then any other car in the 1/4 :D Have no idea what to expect though, in both traction and MPH.

Will you be running this car later in the day. I won't make the track day, but I will be there around 6pm.

Why are you such a hater?

Not a hater just realistic.

It's not realistic to think your going to run a low nine first time out with a new setup. And for the other vette to say he is going to trap more in the 1/8 than anyone else in the quarter is retarded. I believe that these new twin turbo setups you guys are building are the bomb. I believe that once there shaken out you both will destroy my car. But to think you can transform a car like you have and run a low nine first time out is not realistic.

Not hatin just statin. :)

Will you be running this car later in the day. I won't make the track day, but I will be there around 6pm.

If all goes well, I plan on being there the entire day through the Friday Night Race NTRW has scheduled. They are not going to use lights, so I'm thinking I may be able to pull off some full passes with out getting harrassed.

It's not realistic to think your going to run a low nine first time out with a new setup. And for the other vette to say he is going to trap more in the 1/8 than anyone else in the quarter is retarded. I believe that these new twin turbo setups you guys are building are the bomb. I believe that once there shaken out you both will destroy my car. But to think you can transform a car like you have and run a low nine first time out is not realistic.

I'd agree with you to a point, however I wont even be at the event in the Z06 if the tuning and bugs aren't ironed out prior to the event. I'm not going to take a car that is not finished to the track, just to break something.

There is a greater chance that our cars wont be there, then there is of us being there and not running a 9 second pass. So yes, if I'm there I plan on running deep into the 9's@145-150 or 118 in the 1/8th ;) I doubt I'll have more mph in the 1/8th then all the cars there in the 1/4, was more playing around with the statement, as I know of a few cars well over 118 in the 1/4.

I gotta agree with my boy, Ray. You guys are surely putting together some nice setups, but you're dreaming if you think you're going to be tagging 9's or 150mph traps your first time out. I've been in the realm of TT vettes far too long, and can tell you from what I've seen, it's not going to be as easy as you guys seem to think.

If you break into the 10's, or trap over 140, without breaking anything, you should consider that a successful first trip to the track.

Not hatin, just statin. :cool:

• Confused 1

I gotta agree with my boy, Ray. You guys are surely putting together some nice setups, but you're dreaming if you think you're going to be tagging 9's or 150mph traps your first time out. I've been in the realm of TT vettes far too long, and can tell you from what I've seen, it's not going to be as easy as you guys seem to think.

If you break into the 10's, or trap over 140, without breaking anything, you should consider that a successful first trip to the track.

Your colorado will never beat my tbss

If all goes well, I plan on being there the entire day through the Friday Night Race NTRW has scheduled. They are not going to use lights, so I'm thinking I may be able to pull off some full passes with out getting harrassed.

So, they won't be giving any et slips? If that is the case I won't be there. I want to know what my car is doing. My car was trapping almost 110mph in the 1/8 last year with a broken converter.