Whole car paint job question

lcz06

A girl that I work with is looking to get her older model Mitsubishi Eclipse completely repainted white. She’s only looking to spend around $600 or so lol. I told her a good paint job imop starts at 4-5k, but that’s on a high end quality paint job. The body looks to be in decent shape (besides the, “women can’t drive”, nicks). Anyone have any idea if this is at all possible for the amount of money she is looking to spend?

There’s a girl that I work with, that would like to get her older model Mitsubishi Eclipse completely repainted white. She’s only looking to spend around $600 or so lol. I told her a good paint job imop starts at 5k, but that’s on a high end quality paint job. The body looks to be in decent shape (besides the, “women can’t drive”, nicks). Anyone have any idea if this is at all possible for the amount of money she is looking to spend?

I'd say the only way you will get anywhere even remotely close to that price is by doing all the body work yourself, taping the fucker up, and droppin' her off at Maaco.

Guest mrhobbz
maaco will do it, but it will look like shit, even with their "top of the line" paint job. i made a huge mistake and went there with my old car, and it went back 7 times and still wasnt right. it was horrible

pics pls.

My car has a Maaco paint job, it was repainted by the previous owner a couple days before I bought it...... it has an orange peel look to the paint upclose. After 3 months the paint was starting to peel off in a few places, luckily nothing very big yet. And it has somehow gotten a weird cracking in the paint on the hood after a year. Needless to say it needs repainted again. :(

Wait, is the car white right now? or does she want a white eclipse? If its a red car and she wants it white it's going to look horrible.

I appreciate everyone’s input. Her car is black right now but, would like to have it painted white. I'll let her know Maaco might be her only answer for that price.

suprisingly, I've seen some really good rattle can jobs that came out better than MAACO.

I guess the popular thing people are starting to do is to actually spray the contents of Krylon into a bucket and thin it out so it can be applied with a roller.. you do like 10 coats and it goes on really even, and then you follow up with a little bit of wet sanding. I'll see if I can find anything about it again.

I guess the popular thing people are starting to do is to actually spray the contents of Krylon into a bucket and thin it out so it can be applied with a roller.. you do like 10 coats and it goes on really even, and then you follow up with a little bit of wet sanding. I'll see if I can find anything about it again.

I am thinking of doing my Jeep like that this summer.