those with vettes, or other GM cars i guess

AJ

this is aimed more to the corvette owners on the board but i guess could apply some to the other GM lines.

me and another tech at work who also works on vettes (there is two of us) were talking and we both would like to see more of them come into the shop. i have run the idea past my service mananger and he wants to talk to both of us tomorrow to see what we can coma up with.

what would you like to see a dealer offer service wise? we are already going to talk about installing performance parts and setting cars up for autocross and road tracks as our alignment machine will take custom specs. other than just the stock settings. is there anything other that i can make some notes of that you would like and would being you into a dealer to have work done? if you did bring it in it would be either he or i working on it, unless you just want me to.

• Upvote 1

Factory performance upgrades.

As a dealership, you are able to get factory stuff a lot quicker/easier than a "tuner" shop. For instance, offer a brake package for C5 owners that upgrades them to C6 Z06 brakes.

Have set packages available to people. A lot of Vette owners are anti-modding their car, but will be more inclined to do a "factory upgrade."

Factory performance upgrades.

As a dealership, you are able to get factory stuff a lot quicker/easier than a "tuner" shop. For instance, offer a brake package for C5 owners that upgrades them to C6 Z06 brakes.

Have set packages available to people. A lot of Vette owners are anti-modding their car, but will be more inclined to do a "factory upgrade."

i have all the part numbers for that already, i'll run that by him. i also have the C5 T1 suspension package parts too.

sorry for the above post, my daughter got a hold of the keyboard. you can put a z-06 clutch on my GTO while you have the tranny out to replace the rear tranny seal on my car (under warranty), since haydocy was ok with not changing it out when they replaced my rear main seal a few months ago.

I think that some of the idea for this post originally came from some of the work done on my car there at Ricart. AJ and the team at Ricart Chevy on Broad and Hamilton helped me out a lot by installing some aftermarket parts on the car while being in for warranty work. Also he put more of an agressive alignment on the car too. I think this is a good idea to get into, I had fun watching aftermarket parts get slipped in the motor while GM is footing the bill! :D

not aiming this at anyone but i have argued so much with retarted techs who don't know what they are talking about i don't trust any of them, there are only 2 people i trust to work on my car, me and my GM certified SAE master mechanic cousin who works at Dave Gill.

i argued for a good hour on the phone one day i even gave them the GMdealerworld article number that prooved it and all they did was get all bent how did you get that password you can't have that your not allowed blah blah blah, then had to get off work early to go down and talk to them to convince them that there is a button on the back of the vette that opens the hatch. i argued for another 30 minutes at the dealership i pointed it out and they were like well thats nothing WTF else would it be i argued untill i kept getting high enough up the chain to get someone to bring the keys to a new vette that was sitting there and by that time there was 4 people standing around i held the key in my hand looked him in they eyes and pushed the button. the hatch popped imagine that his mouth dropped and he said hold on and walked away he brought out 3 or 4 more guys in suits and said check this out. in the end they said they would have to order it and they would call me as soon as it was in did they call no of course not.

and all this happened at bob mcdorman the one dealership you would expect to know something about vettes. ok im done

sorry for the above post, my daughter got a hold of the keyboard. you can put a z-06 clutch on my GTO while you have the tranny out to replace the rear tranny seal on my car (under warranty), since haydocy was ok with not changing it out when they replaced my rear main seal a few months ago.

call in and set it up. the rear trans seal won't need to have the transmission out though. i can get you a good price if you have't got one already, all you need is a disk since the flywheel is the same.

I think that some of the idea for this post originally came from some of the work done on my car there at Ricart. AJ and the team at Ricart Chevy on Broad and Hamilton helped me out a lot by installing some aftermarket parts on the car while being in for warranty work. Also he put more of an agressive alignment on the car too. I think this is a good idea to get into, I had fun watching aftermarket parts get slipped in the motor while GM is footing the bill! :D

well our new service mananger is more willing to do what ever it takes to get people in the door.

how is the handleing now that you have gotten to drive it around more?

not aiming this at anyone but i have argued so much with retarted techs who don't know what they are talking about i don't trust any of them, there are only 2 people i trust to work on my car, me and my GM certified SAE master mechanic cousin who works at Dave Gill.

well me and the other guy are both ASE Master Certified along with GM C6 certified. both of us can do anything to those cars from nose to rear. there isn't much i don't know about those cars and i can find what i need to know if i don't already know it. i have heard storys of mcdorman thats also some of why we're wanting to get this rolling because so many people have had poor service from them and have no where to take a vette that have people that know what there doing.

who is your cousin? i used to work at dave gill and i still know a few of those guys that work or have worked there. Larry that works there is who i worked for when i did school to work in high school.

call in and set it up. the rear trans seal won't need to have the transmission out though. i can get you a good price if you have't got one already, all you need is a disk since the flywheel is the same.

i just realized that. my anger was aimed at haydocy, since they had the tranny out to replace the rear main seal, and didn't think it was a good idea to replace the rear tranny seal at that time, even though it was leaking.

i'll check on the clutch/flywheel (there's a thread on ls1gto.com about the ls6 clutch swap), but since mine is working perfect, i may not do it. it would have been perfect to do it when the rear main was being serviced--i wish i would have waited to fix it--i would have had you put the clutch in, in a heartbeat at that time.

The handling is better....but when you did the alignment, the steering wheel was turned to the right so when I drive straight now the wheel is cocked to the right.... :(

well i did say we needed to start it and center the wheel. if it wasn't for the idle at the time we would have. we can fix that this weekend if you want to.

i just realized that. my anger was aimed at haydocy, since they had the tranny out to replace the rear main seal, and didn't think it was a good idea to replace the rear tranny seal at that time, even though it was leaking.

i'll check on the clutch/flywheel (there's a thread on ls1gto.com about the ls6 clutch swap), but since mine is working perfect, i may not do it. it would have been perfect to do it when the rear main was being serviced--i wish i would have waited to fix it--i would have had you put the clutch in, in a heartbeat at that time.

ooohhhh you have a LS1 GTO? then yes you need the LS7 flywheel as well. thats the clutch i put in my camaro and corvette.

why does my transmission leak oil i

it doesn't do it while it's sitting, it's only after i get done driving. i thought it might be a vent tube or something on top but i couldn't find anything.

sure its the transmission and not the diff? when it gets hot then the metels expand and let it leak. maybe needs resealed, bring it in to get fixed?

A shop shop that doesn't look at me like a tard for owning a early C4.

we'll only look at you like a tard for owning a ford, deal? lol. i had a 88 with some mods for awhile. it was pretty cool but i never intended on keeping it.

well i did say we needed to start it and center the wheel. if it wasn't for the idle at the time we would have. we can fix that this weekend if you want to.

ooohhhh you have a LS1 GTO? then yes you need the LS7 flywheel as well. thats the clutch i put in my camaro and corvette.

No kirk has a LS2 GTO.