those with vettes, or other GM cars i guess

AJ

Guest Spoiler71
we'll only look at you like a tard for owning a ford, deal? lol. i had a 88 with some mods for awhile. it was pretty cool but i never intended on keeping it.

I bought this one to help a friend out of a jam and fell for it. But I couldn't leave the L98 alone. Step one is done, now for the funny gas.

why does my transmission leak oil i

it doesn't do it while it's sitting, it's only after i get done driving. i thought it might be a vent tube or something on top but i couldn't find anything.

Dads C5 does that, if this whole thing goes down then it would make the trip to Cbus for AJ to fix and "upgrade" some things

I bought this one to help a friend out of a jam and fell for it. But I couldn't leave the L98 alone. Step one is done, now for the funny gas.

...At least it's not the almighty CrossFire Injection...:rolleyes:

The Holley standalone EFI computer for that looks promising for the price. Not that you're looking to go wild with it, but if you were...

[/offtopic]

I'll keep you in mind for sure. What I'm personally interested in is:

* the car being repaired right the first time

* car being kept inside service garage while in for repairs

* proper parking avoiding door dings

* no lot attendants boiling the rear tires

Then we talk about gm apprvd parts for modding - he he

• Confused 1

I'll keep you in mind for sure. What I'm personally interested in is:

* the car being repaired right the first time

* car being kept inside service garage while in for repairs

* proper parking avoiding door dings

* no lot attendants boiling the rear tires

Then we talk about gm apprvd parts for modding - he he

well our car porters have been warned that if they even thing about a burn off there job is gone.

kept inside is not a problem

and i make sure the doors are ding free. i treat customers cars better than my own and there are a few people on here that know i keep my stuff top notch.

we're still working on things at work for this, i'll keep this updated as things progress.

Mr. Stock if you have any one touch your vette, it better be your brother or us. Ill take you for a rid in one that will give you some jollies!

kinda low ball trying to snake work from someones thread asking what people would like to see froma dealer don't you think?

dude, not cool.

Ok, I am certain your unaware, so I will explain.

Mr. Stock has known myself, and I have been around him for over 8 years now. His brother is a master mechanic, who is very knowledgable and skilled. And up to this point I believe Jeff, his brother who is on this forum, is the only one to work on his cars.

Now with that in mind, Mr. Stock has also been out to dinner with myself and his son recently, and asked my opinion about his vette, and options and routes to go with his car. I am sorry if I came across as rude, but I have a personal relationship with Mr. Stock, not trying to steal any thunder, or esteem from AJ, and what he is trying to do.

kinda low ball trying to snake work from someones thread asking what people would like to see froma dealer don't you think?

I posted an explantion. It may have come across as over aggressive, but again Mr. Stock and I have a personal relationship, I used more or less sarcasm, which was taken in the wrong manner. My apologies AJ, as I was not trying to *snake* work, we certainly have no shortage, its just as if your buddy said im going to have bob mcdormant do all the work, you might say "hey whats up with that". :cool:

Ok, I am certain your unaware, so I will explain.

Mr. Stock has known myself, and I have been around him for over 8 years now. His brother is a master mechanic, who is very knowledgable and skilled. And up to this point I believe Jeff, his brother who is on this forum, is the only one to work on his cars.

Now with that in mind, Mr. Stock has also been out to dinner with myself and his son recently, and asked my opinion about his vette, and options and routes to go with his car. I am sorry if I came across as rude, but I have a personal relationship with Mr. Stock, not trying to steal any thunder, or esteem from AJ, and what he is trying to do.

well then send him a pm, instead of "shitting where you eat" (losing potential customers). don't take it the wrong way, i'm not trying to be a dick at all here. being a vendor on a web site can be a tough tight rope to walk, so i'm not trying to be too critical.

well then send him a pm, instead of "shitting where you eat" (losing potential customers). don't take it the wrong way, i'm not trying to be a dick at all here. being a vendor on a web site can be a tough tight rope to walk, so i'm not trying to be too critical.

Dually noted.

:cool:

Had they not known each other well prior I would agree 100%. Watching a thread and shooting PMs off to vette owners or whatever is pretty lame (And it has been done to us on here by both "Mechanics" and shops alike) and that is not what Brandon was doing at all. I dont think too many shops are going to try to "Fight" to get under free labor lol.

Jeff

Had they not known each other well prior I would agree 100%. Watching a thread and shooting PMs off to vette owners or whatever is pretty lame (And it has been done to us on here by both "Mechanics" and shops alike) and that is not what Brandon was doing at all. I dont think too many shops are going to try to "Fight" to get under free labor lol.

Jeff

i don't know that they know each other, and i'm a potential customer. to me, it looks like a competing vendor coming into a thread and telling someone not to take their car to the original poster's shop/dealership.

like i said, i realize that it is difficult to be a vendor---when someone slams your shop, you have to stick up for yourself, but at the same time be diplomatic, so as not to chase off future business. you have to try to keep "a clean nose" and stay out of shit-talking threads that don't directly involve you--no matter how much you want to mix it up. you can have thousands of satisfied customers (who may, or may not sing your praise over the internet), but it takes just one to make a nasty thread, that spreads like wildfire all over the internet to literally fuck your business up.

i've heard great things about EVERY vendor on this site (including you), so i'm not worried about not being satisfied with ANY work done on my car. at the same time, i can't have everyone work on my car--i have to pick someone--

i just hope i'll be able to find great shops when i move this spring/summer

Easy GUYS!!!! No worries really. I've known Brandon for years (like he stated). I was merely inquiring to the original thread? things most vette owners would truly like to see ie care of their vehicle while in service garage (no matter whos doing the service). It took me over 35 years to pull the trigger & buy my vette, so I'm pretty annal & particular - again NO WORRIES -

everything has been explaned to me in a PM and brandon said he was sorry. the lack of knowledge on my part since i didn't know they knew each other took it wrong. there is no hard feelings on my end towards Brandon.

ok back on topic.

so far we won't be over charging like some other shops are (you know vette tax) i am working on a lower labor rate that is vette specific. needs an all clear from the bosses. i've been so busy this week that i haven't had alot of time to talk with my service manager at one time.