Honda Element...

GonneVille

Good God...

My Park Ave is out of commission since Saturday, project gone wrong. I ended up having to take Mom's Element to the parts store today...

I hate that thing...most underpowered vehicle I've ever driven, and it wallows like a pig going into the corner, then snaps upright again when the stability control cuts in...feels like snap oversteer...

Then there's the fact that it's bright screaming orange with butterfly stickers on it...(Mom is a Naturalist, and she's like the local authority on Monarch butterflies..)

It is the single most un-manly thing I've ever seen...do you have any idea how hard it is to drive while trying to avoid meeting the eyes of every other driver?

I know the feeling. I drove my mom's outlander a few times in the past week. I can't stand it. The wheel snaps back in a corner, slow or fast, and has terrible torque steer, and it's supposed to be AWD (but it's prob 70% front and 30% rear)

My girlfriend bought her's new in '06 and loves it. For the amount of versatility that it offers, I don't mind driving it when I do. Just picked up a new washing machine and the thing fit inside (in the box) with no trouble, so for what it lacks in powah!, it more than makes up for in other areas.

The day we picked it up in Lima.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/TimTaylor75/element/DSCN2513.jpg

The Element is one of those cars that I'm glad one of my friends has, but I would never own one. Short list of things I have seen hauled in an Element (by me or my friend):

-full size washer and dryer (together)

-full size refrigerator

-3 people + full tailgate supplies, including deep fryer, three coolers of booze, tables, chairs, volleyball net and some other crap I'm sure I'm forgetting

-tandem bicycle

-full size mattress

-10 people

I've seen a few interesting items fit as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/TimTaylor75/element/element2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/TimTaylor75/element/element3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/TimTaylor75/element/element.jpg

The Element is one of those cars that I'm glad one of my friends has, but I would never own one. Short list of things I have seen hauled in an Element (by me or my friend):

-full size washer and dryer (together)

-full size refrigerator

-3 people + full tailgate supplies, including deep fryer, three coolers of booze, tables, chairs, volleyball net and some other crap I'm sure I'm forgetting

-tandem bicycle

-full size mattress

-10 people

Umm, Ive never driven/rode in one of these before, but what exactly makes this thing any more versatile than a less ugly/not underpowered suv like an Explorer or Blazer?

Explorer/Blazer=body on frame & RWD=high floor, no space top to bottom

Element=unibody with tall roof=cavernous interior

Seriously, I'm 6'4" and I feel like a midget when I drive one. When you take the rear seats out, the interior volume is simply astounding. When my buddy turned in the lease on his Element, he went out and bought an 89 Suburban to haul stuff. The Burban is longer, but it is actually less useful in a lot of ways because the load floor is so high. (I'm not sure but could you fit a dirt bike upright in a Suburban/Blazer/Explorer?)