Street racing question

V8 Beast

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter if it's dig or roll. The only reason I would prefer roll is it seems to be less of a shock to the drivetrain letting me save the dig racing for the actual track. It's quicker to pull off and then 'get back under the radar', so to speak.

Second, many races seem to take place in an area that can cause serious traffic problems if you try to go from a dig. I always hear how dangerous high speed racing is on the highway, yet people will stop on the highway to race and block traffic without realizing how much more dangerous that it. When you're drving on the highway, you're not expecting the automobiles to be stopped or near stopped in the lanes. By the time you realize it, it could be far too late and you're rear ending a stopped car. I know, I've seen this happen while runs were being setup at a place in Texas.

When I do go from a run, of course I prefer to be in a sweet spot for my powerband. Often, that's a bit higher speed for the gear in my car than most, though. Many people with a stick, 40 is a good 2nd gear roll for them whereas, 50mph is probably alot closer to what's good for me. More than anything, my surroundings control what I race from/to and when I race more than anything. I have no problem refusing to race people on the street if I'm not comfortable with traffic, etc. I like to save it until I"m out in the middle of nowhere, mostly.

I perfer to do a dig race over roll racing any day. However the attractive part about roll racing is in that it's harder to get caught. If you do a roll race, it lasts all of 10 seconds. If you do a dig race, it lasts for minutes. Not including packing the 100 cars that follow you into a near by parking lot.

Plus Dig racing on the street in 9 second cars or faster is fairly dangerous. Few years back, I saw two cars lose traction and almost hit each other and then when they corrected they almost went into the crowd.

As far as the fastest I've ever been in a car. I'd say probably 175-180. I have no interest in going any faster then 150/160 ever again though, on the street anyway.

I prefer anything that is 100mph difrence but seeing as if I gotot the track I trap higher than that wich ever comes first even it its a 1320 race.

Roll Racing = 100mph gap

fastest Ive ever been in a car was robs C6 "197" He's gopt vid to prove it.:eek:

I prefer anything that is 100mph difrence but seeing as if I gotot the track I trap higher than that wich ever comes first even it its a 1320 race.

Roll Racing = 100mph gap

fastest Ive ever been in a car was robs C6 "197" He's gopt vid to prove it.:eek:

80-180????

role racing = ???

Director: In this scene, you'll be playing the part of Johnny Tran. You have an S2000 with more than $100K under the hood. They disrepected your family. This is your motivation. Got it?

Actor 1: Got it.

Actor 2: Excuse me, what's my role?

Director: You're playing someone that is consistently owned by homonyms. Think you can pull that off?

Actor 2: Off coarse I can.

Director: Perfect.

role racing = ???

Director: In this scene, you'll be playing the part of Johnny Tran. You have an S2000 with more than $100K under the hood. They disrepected your family. This is your motivation. Got it?

Director: You're playing someone that is consistently owned by homonyms. Think you can pull that off?

Lol, nicely played.

role racing = not break nearly as much shit. dig racing and track racing means bring a trailer

if your worried about breaking...then dont race. if you need a trailor...you must have a race car not a street car. :rolleyes:

role racing = ???

I just choked on my Dew.

prefer any type of racing with any type of vehicle from any speed.

Real men race from 0

Also in that video, I dont think that can be blamed on street racing, that could happen anywhere.

real men don't stop after a 1/4 mile. :)

Roll Racing = 100mph gap

it would have been more if we didn't run out of road, next time we will have to find a longer runway.