I need a new joystick/game controller for PC Transformers game

Billiumss

I'm not really into video games so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I installed the Transformers game on my PC, it runs great but its hard as hell to control with the keyboard and mouse.

I'd like to buy a USB joystick and/or a game controller.

What brands are good for under $30.00?

Will it work with the game?

Other than hard to control, very cool game, my wife, son and I love the movie.

Bill

I have one of those adaptors, what would I use it for? The joystick?

I'm lacking when it comes to playing games on a PC.

What brand joystick would you recommend?

I am not quite sure what you are asking me, the best brand "joystick" would be Sony, for the PS2 adapter.

I don't own any other game system, starting from scratch, so using a Sony game controller would work well with my game then?

What about if I wanted an actual joystick controller, any you would recommended?

What about this one:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/joysticks/devices/302&cl=us,en

Guest mrhobbz
I don't own any other game system, starting from scratch, so using a Sony game controller would work well with my game then?

What about if I wanted an actual joystick controller, any you would recommended?

What about this one:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/joysticks/devices/302&cl=us,en

Thats actually a really nice joystick..

Well I bought a Logitech Extreme 3D pro but I can't get it to work with the game.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/joysticks/devices/291&cl=us,en

I installed the driver for the joystick and the game "sees" it but it won't work.

In the Logitech software it says something about game profile. Do I have to set up the joystick in that first? I'm just clueless at this point.

I use a walmart 9.00 usb noname gamepad from walmart for my 8 bit nintendo emulator I play with occasionally on my laptop.... it even has a retractable cord.

Oops- I didn't read properly- you already have one- yes you need to go into the options and setup the joystick in the game- go to controllers or something like that-

The reason it is not automatic is that some people may want to make up down and down up like with a jet game or set the buttons up to do different functions like fire weapons or acess doors etc...

It will ask for input and you push the joystick one direction if left it will likely read -x

good luck-