Gta 4

Slimpsy1647545505

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else having problems w/ freezing while playing GTA? Mine actually got really bad.

The first few times I played it were fine, then it started freezing up completely, just no sound, video freezes, and the xbox is unresponsive to anything other than turning it off. I thought it was just random but it happened a couple more times, then it booted up and gave me a system error, then was fine. Yesterday though, it would load into GTA, I'd play for less than 20 seconds, and it would freeze up completely. Even after I restarted it, the same thing, but now with every game I have.

So, since I had an extended warranty through best buy I just went and got a new 360 yesterday. I'm just wondering if anybody else is having problems at all, to kind of find out if GTA killed my box or if maybe the timing is just a coincidence.

Anybody else having problems w/ freezing while playing GTA? Mine actually got really bad.

The first few times I played it were fine, then it started freezing up completely, just no sound, video freezes, and the xbox is unresponsive to anything other than turning it off. I thought it was just random but it happened a couple more times, then it booted up and gave me a system error, then was fine. Yesterday though, it would load into GTA, I'd play for less than 20 seconds, and it would freeze up completely. Even after I restarted it, the same thing, but now with every game I have.

So, since I had an extended warranty through best buy I just went and got a new 360 yesterday. I'm just wondering if anybody else is having problems at all, to kind of find out if GTA killed my box or if maybe the timing is just a coincidence.

It's not GTA. That's EXACTLY what happened to my first 360 before it finally gave me the red ring of death. It kept freezing more and more frequently until eventually it wouldn't turn on and gave me the red ring.

It's not GTA. That's EXACTLY what happened to my first 360 before it finally gave me the red ring of death. It kept freezing more and more frequently until eventually it wouldn't turn on and gave me the red ring.

Alright, that's reassuring. It's not all bad, i suppose, because I was able to get a new 360 while my warranty was still valid and the new box I got has the hdmi port, so that's cool. From my understanding it also has the new, cooler running and more efficient board, which is good. Oddly, GTA did freeze on me once yesterday anyway after playing for a pretty decent time, even w/ the new box. Not like it did on the other box, but still, kinda random.

They lowered the price of the 360s since I bought mine though, so I got another free 2 year warranty on this box too, so whatever.

Guest mrhobbz
Even Rockstar hates Apple:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m59/gta_talk/fruit.jpg

ROFL, is that in the internet cafe or whatever? I haven't seen that yet.

Guest mrhobbz
Yeah the billboards in game are pretty awesome as well

agreed. I managed to get my xbox running for two hours to play it and then it died again :( Waiting for m$ to send me my shipping box.

Guest mrhobbz
I had to towel trick my xbox again.

I'm going to towel it again tonight and see if I can't get some play in. Tried it last night and it didn't work :( Wish m$ would hurry the hell up, having a 400$ paperweight pisses me off.

I'm going to towel it again tonight and see if I can't get some play in. Tried it last night and it didn't work :( Wish m$ would hurry the hell up, having a 400$ paperweight pisses me off.

Feel like a road trip? I know of a place in New York that fixes them. You can either send it to them or drive to their store. If you drive there they have express option where it is done in about 30 minutes. You just need to let them know before you plan on coming. If you ship it to them the webpage says will not cost more then $100 to fix.

Guest mrhobbz
Feel like a road trip? I know of a place in New York that fixes them. You can either send it to them or drive to their store. If you drive there they have express option where it is done in about 30 minutes. You just need to let them know before you plan on coming. If you ship it to them the webpage says will not cost more then $100 to fix.

I'm just going to have m$ fix it again, im cheap :)

i have a question.. is there a garage of some sort to put cars youve stolen into so you can have access to them later? i thought there was but i might be getting this and saints row confused....

but so far i love the game!!

i have a question.. is there a garage of some sort to put cars youve stolen into so you can have access to them later? i thought there was but i might be getting this and saints row confused....

but so far i love the game!!

Park them in front of your safe houses.