Scion TC

Guest Hal

Does anyone have any opinions on the new TC's? I haven't personally worked on any other than doing little GS stuff. Are there any common problems or anything like that I need to know?

The reason I ask it; my fiancee's car is getting to the point where I either need to do a lot of work to it or, junk it. We're thinking about either buying a TC (or similarly priced car) or leasing one when my car is finally done in the next couple months.

its a toyota. can't be too bad. even if it lasts 1/2 as long as most toyotas, youll get eleventy billion miles out of it on the original timing belt. lol

Truth my wifes sister has one and loves it..we went to help her move a couple weeks ago and had it while she was at work and its a decent little car there are tons of aftermarket Non rice parts for it too

I must be the only person who dislikes those cars. They aren't exciting to drive, dont get "great" fuel economy (2.4L) and are cramped as hell IMO. The car did not stand out in any category and was not cheap.

Ehh to each their own.

I must be the only person who dislikes those cars. They aren't exciting to drive, dont get "great" fuel economy (2.4L) and are cramped as hell IMO. The car did not stand out in any category and was not cheap.

Ehh to each their own.

+1 agreed, working at toyota direct I drive a ton of them and I hate them all.

i think they look good but i could never own one i swear the doors weigh 50 lbs. and just like all the newer cars out there the gas mileage sucks mainly due to the weight.

i could run the crap out of my 95 cavalier and still average 40 MPG.

my 2000 cavy got 24 MPG and my 02 got 25 average untill i started driving it easy now i average 33.5 MPG.

My sister has one and loves it. It's several years old and been flawless. I can't gauge how it's built as I've not owned it or driven it for more than a few hours, but it seemed good. However, I have to say many of the competitors have caught up with Toyota and are worth looking at too.

My girlfriend has one and they are great cars, little on the small side for me but still nice.

x2 my gf has an 05 and she likes it aswell. she has not had any problems with it. check out the GTI 2.0t's close in price only downside is that it takes 93oct but gets damn near 40mpg if you baby it.

Ding Ding Ding Ding

Give this man a frookie.:cool:

Just calling as I see it. I was actually excited at the prospect of driving it the first time. There is so much hype around Toyota products, even their "cheap" cars like the tC, that I was eager to compare it to my fiancée’s 2004 Saturn Ion coupe. To me the Ion is in the same class as the tC, albeit at the bottom.

I was sorely disappointed when I climbed into that hunk of shit and found it to be no nicer than the Ion. Same cheap plastics you find in a GM. The engine is noisy as hell and even more rough than the 2.2 Ecotec in the Ion - which is a feat (the 2.2 is a great engine, but quiet and smooth isn't one of its redeeming qualities). Her tC is an automatic and I felt like I needed a master’s degree to understand the quirky shift pattern. The trans isn't smooth, the car doesn't ride nice or quiet. It was to me, an Ion with different clothes and a few shiny bits of rhinestone.

It left me with one resounding question - what's the big deal about Toyota?

Just calling as I see it. I was actually excited at the prospect of driving it the first time. There is so much hype around Toyota products, even their "cheap" cars like the tC, that I was eager to compare it to my fiancée’s 2004 Saturn Ion coupe. To me the Ion is in the same class as the tC, albeit at the bottom.

I was sorely disappointed when I climbed into that hunk of shit and found it to be no nicer than the Ion. Same cheap plastics you find in a GM. The engine is noisy as hell and even more rough than the 2.2 Ecotec in the Ion - which is a feat (the 2.2 is a great engine, but quiet and smooth isn't one of its redeeming qualities). Her tC is an automatic and I felt like I needed a master’s degree to understand the quirky shift pattern. The trans isn't smooth, the car doesn't ride nice or quiet. It was to me, an Ion with different clothes and a few shiny bits of rhinestone.

It left me with one resounding question - what's the big deal about Toyota?

Yeah I've driven a couple of them, once when I was shopping for a cars a few years back and everyone seemed to be all in a tizzy about it. Got in and was uncomfortable, shifter sucked, engine was loud as hell. The topper, it did not corner, nor accelerate well, which would have helped ease the pain of the rest of the car. Tried again a year later, thinking maybe I gave it an unfair shake. Nope, same turd.

:(

Guest 78novaman

I know a couple of people that have them and they love 'em. I've ridden in one and I felt it was CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. I mean to the point where my truck was like a lincoln when I jumped back in it.

They do have a nice list of features and for anyone who needs a basic A-to-B car I'm sure it would fit the ticket nicely.

Its a cheap econobox just like the civic, made for one thing being dependble. I do not see anything wrong with it. Its just me but I will never buy an american car (unless its a sports car) every car my friends or family's friend's has owned has had some sort of bad problems . Even my uncle the proud american army x ranger use to swear upon american cars, now hes driving around a new acura. My dad was the same way, USMC all american reitred use to love american cars, now he owns honda's.....American car companys have been getting much better over the past years, I hope they jump back for our countrys sake, but it does not seems that way, toyota is tearing gm to peices in sells.

its a toyota. can't be too bad. even if it lasts 1/2 as long as most toyotas, youll get eleventy billion miles out of it on the original timing belt. lol

They have chains.

I like them. We have quite a few of the TRD supercharged ones that come in our shop, actually we had a blue TRD supercharged one in earlier today.

They have chains.

I like them. We have quite a few of the TRD supercharged ones that come in our shop, actually we had a blue TRD supercharged one in earlier today.

17,000 Overpriced POS

4,000 Supercharger

= 200hp & 184 ftlbs at the crank......F T L

:gtfo: