FS: 2004 Yamaha R6 - 12xxx miles

Benyen Soljax

FS $5000 obo, 2004 yamaha R6 red/black 12xxx miles. im selling this bike because my army reserve unit is getting shipped to iraq. mods and defects are listed below.

Mods:

-BMC race filter

-Yoshimura tri-oval slip-on exhaust

-integrated tail-turn signals

-turn signal/fender delete

as for a little backstory, i bought this bike last may in new hampshire during an internship i was doing out there. trailered it back to ohio in june and rode it all summer. has gotten regular oil changes with mobil 1 racing 4T motorcycle oil, as well as regular application of chain lube every 300-500 miles. im the third owner, and the guy who i bought it from got it from a dealer and had it serviced there on the regularly scheduled intervals because he didnt know how to do anything himself. when he bought it it had around 5000 miles and he sold it to me with 8000 miles. the last owner put a fresh set of tires on shortly before selling it, and i have put a new rear on due to an unfortunate metal shard in the last rear.

the bike has never been down while i was riding it, though it has been tipped over a couple of times. i dont have pictures of the damage, but i can tell you, it is minimal. a couple of fairings have scratches no larger than a nickel, and there is a dent in the tank, but it is rather shallow and the paint is still intact. it was covered when some vandals tipped the bike over unfortunately. it also had frame sliders that protected a lot of the fairings from any damage. they broke a mirror and bent a handlebar, both items have been replaced. one of the rearsets also has a small chunk broke off the tip of the peg, although it hasnt impaired my riding enough to fix it, as it was maybe 1cm that broke off.

if you have any other questions about the bike feel free to email me. this is not a perfect bike by any means, but its still in very good condition regardless of the damage it has sustained.

IMG_1663.jpg

Edited by Benyen Soljax

Yeah, when I went to the desert, I put mine in storage for 6 months and when I came back it was there nice and clean, ready for me to ride it!

I'd try to keep it unless you need the money. You'll make more then that with your tax free checks over there! ;)

Either way, good luck with what you do and nice R6!

no point really, when i get back ill have a lot more money to buy a newer bike. but this thread isnt about my personal finances, so back to the show...

If you change your mind and want a place to store it, let me know. No charge for storage.

• 3 weeks later...

Darn it Ben. This thread reminds me I still have that suspension book of yours...It's tucked away in a corner and I completely forgot about it again until I saw this thread....Shoot me your mailing addy again (It's not in my PM's, must have got deleted when the site crashed). Sorry I've hoarded it for so long.

Just saw this Ben......Sorry to hear it! Not sure about the recent damage, but when I saw her this past summer, she was VERY sharp!

When are you leavin' for the sandbox? Make sure you keep in touch with us so we know you're OK!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
What if you keep the bike and when you get back make the decision to sell it or not? I'm not trying to pry into your personal business but I'd hate to see you sell such a nice bike only to get home and wish you still had it.

Stay safe in Iraq and thank you for your service.

15 months of depreciation...no thanks.

• 3 weeks later...