Greetings from a new guy

accel_is_my_drug

hello all,

Last year i moved to columbus and just recently joined the site. I look forward to exploring the Columbus racing scene.

I have played with lots of differenct vehicles in the past, from 1G DSMs' some V6 turbo'd mitsu's, a 355 small block chevy powered 2nd FC RX-7, and an extremely rusted beaten up 4 speed, 455Big Block 76 trans am.

I got rid of my last project car when I moved here and I am eagerly looking forward picking up another pile of trash to make fast. I have a perverse joy in picking up half finished / abandoned project cars that other's have failed to finish, and making them my own.

Currently I am thinking that a spec miata with a blown engine would be a great base for an LS2....

anyone else have any ideas?

anyone willing to approve me to see the other forums?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

S2K's are expensive, and as I work at Honda R&D i would probably have to leave the F20 in there... as much as I love to see a tach swing to 9 grand, i miss torque. Big fat globs of glorious torque. It is pretty unlikely that a 2 liter 4 banger that spins to 9000 rpm will ever make any kind torque..

I think I could live with a miata if it had an LS2, and 6 speed, and a blower or turbo,,, or more gas than a dentist's office.....and a big lumpy cam that idles like crap... It would need to have enough power to make it completely undrivable.. except in a straight line....

Welcome!

How about an LSx powered DeLorean? I wonder how hard that would be

Well, some Lotus shop made a 20B 3 Rotor DeLorean with a Porsche 6 Speed Transaxle, so I guess anything is possible.

• Downvote 1

as I work at Honda R&D i would probably have to leave the F20 in there

i'll definitely remember that when you join an argument about honda stuff...people who actually know their shit are few and far between here. everyone just likes to think they're knowledgable.

take me for example...