Time Warner ROCKS

nurkvinny

About 2 months ago, my on-screen menu (that worked perfectly) all of a sudden changed to a wonderful gay-ass light blue and the name changed to "Mystro", with an equally gay accent mark that I don't know how to type.

Initial cable box start-up now takes 2-3 minutes. Channel changes now take 10 seconds. The system reboots itself every night in the middle of programs.

I contacted them today... here is the conversation:

Kisha: Good Morning, thank you for using Time Warner Live Chat. How

may I help you?

Vince: Since the Cable channel menu changed to blue and became

Mystro , it takes a very long time to change channels, and the box reboots

itself 2 or 3 times a night, taking 10 minutes to come back to life.

Kisha: i am very sorry for this issue we are fully aware of this and

are trying to correct this problem

Vince: This is not something I am willing to put up with . Is

there no solution?

Kisha: at this time i am really sorry but we are doing our best to

correct asap

Kisha: unplugging the box and leaving it unplugged for 2 minutes

helps a little bit but not a lot once again i am really sorry for this

issue

Kisha: is there anything else i can assist you with today please?

Vince: Unplugging it made no difference. If there is no ETA on this

fix, I am left with no choice but to switch providers.

Kisha: sorry about this at this time no and have and a great day

Kisha: Analyst has closed chat and left the room

After Googling this wonderful Mystro bullshit, I learn other sections of the country have been suffering with it since last year. There is no solution; it is full of bugs.

Time Warner's answer? Unplug it and things might improve a little. Have a great day.

FUCK YOU, TW.

we just got all digital at&t in hilliard. we are signed up to make a switch. ive got the SAME problem with our TW. balls to tw's forehead

ps im not one to bitch about insignificant shit online, but the new mystero menu tw has gone to takes 5-10sec to boot up every time you hit the guide. sounds like a little thing, but every time you want to see whats on, it goes.

Guest Removed

yeah my caller id dont come up on the screen no more either....

im going to call and see if i can get a discount...and my internet is slow as hell to

Just be glad that you don't have Insight. That is the ONLY provider I can get where I'm at and it sucks. I had TW at my last house and never really had any major issues. I work 2nd shift, so I'm ususally up kinda late. In the middle of the night, the box will reboot; every night. I called them one night and she told me it's normal because they are updating software. I said "Every single night?". She said "Yeah. Anything else I can help you with?". Ugh!!

Just be glad that you don't have Insight. That is the ONLY provider I can get where I'm at and it sucks. I had TW at my last house and never really had any major issues. I work 2nd shift, so I'm ususally up kinda late. In the middle of the night, the box will reboot; every night. I called them one night and she told me it's normal because they are updating software. I said "Every single night?". She said "Yeah. Anything else I can help you with?". Ugh!!

I suffer from insomnia and watch tv late at night a lot and I have not seen my Insight box reboot in about 2 years. What time is this happening?

• Confused 1

I am glad I went with WOW. I just moved into a new house and I had the options of TW and WOW. I went with WOW even thought I had had many years of good service through TW in the past. Now I am even more happy I went with them.

I was having a few weird probs, too. For the most part, it seems to have stopped. I can tell you the software is bugged and a hard reset will usually handle the problem for a bit. About once every couple weeks or if something weird happens, I reboot it and it's fine. I know for a fact they are doing alot of upgrades and work currently to improve the service. New features, services and hd channels. With the improvements they're making, it was enough to make me stay in it for awhile longer. Also, I got a better deal and cheaper service WITH more channels the last time I called thanks to my calm, friendly, and generally awesome personality. :D At this point, it's just not enough to go through the trouble of switching.

AT&T U-verse FTW.

Do they even HAVE HD? I've read their information and not ONCE did I see them say they had HD programming. I forget the term they used, but it wasn't HD, so I figured it was a "Sorta HD" resolution.

DOesn't matter anyways..

TWC is just a half-assed fail-ridden sorry exscuse for a company. I can't believe the junk their DVRs are or the horrible service they sell and continue to make money. I switched to DirecTV Monday an have been loving it. Almost all my favorite channels are now in HD, whereas TWC seems to think that if they offer a few boring HD channels they can offer the rest in only SD and people who spend money on HD systems will be happy. Bunch of idiots.

I had DirecTV before I moved out here and I'm SO happy to be back with them.

The cable companies suck. Period. They haven't kept up with the times and offer inferior service for more money. And their hidebound thinking and service has squandered their last advantage over Satellite; On Demand. DirecTV is beta testing their own On Demand service via broadband, and it's due to go live soon. When I tried watching an On Demand movie via TWC, it was unwatchable. Congrats Cable Companies! You've just lost the singular thing that you could offer above and beyond Satellite, who are now going to do it BETTER than you.

Do they even HAVE HD? I've read their information and not ONCE did I see them say they had HD programming. I forget the term they used, but it wasn't HD, so I figured it was a "Sorta HD" resolution.

DOesn't matter anyways..

TWC is just a half-assed fail-ridden sorry exscuse for a company. I can't believe the junk their DVRs are or the horrible service they sell and continue to make money. I switched to DirecTV Monday an have been loving it. Almost all my favorite channels are now in HD, whereas TWC seems to think that if they offer a few boring HD channels they can offer the rest in only SD and people who spend money on HD systems will be happy. Bunch of idiots.

I had DirecTV before I moved out here and I'm SO happy to be back with them.

The cable companies suck. Period. They haven't kept up with the times and offer inferior service for more money. And their hidebound thinking and service has squandered their last advantage over Satellite; On Demand. DirecTV is beta testing their own On Demand service via broadband, and it's due to go live soon. When I tried watching an On Demand movie via TWC, it was unwatchable. Congrats Cable Companies! You've just lost the singular thing that you could offer above and beyond Satellite, who are now going to do it BETTER than you.

Insight's On-Demand is pretty good. They even have HD On-Demand which is pretty sweet.

They are all a bunch of D-bags. If my apartment wasnt facing the wrong way i'd get directTV but i cant so i i had to choose between AT&T and TW. I went with the lesser D-bag which i believe to be TW...stupid d-bags

My DVR did the automatic upgrade a few weeks ago, other than the interface being worse than the old one, I haven't seen any of these problems. Well, other than when my cable went out completely and then the box froze then reset. Yesterday I updraded to an HD box, no problems yet.

I can't stand time warner's service, I am about to cancel if they don't drop the cost of my bill every month. The internet is slower than hell too now.

Good luck getting anything else. Maybe you can get direct tv but your dish has to be on your back porch and face SE. I tried going with AT&T after they came to my door saying they can install it for. Well when the guy came to install it he had some excuse about how time warner has "a lock on the box" and if he tries to open it AT&T will get sued by time warner. I have roadrunner turbo and its pretty fast.

U-Verse: Let's get real...DSL isn't exactly reliable, and now you are depending on DSL for your television service as well. Though I hear they offer HD services, there is bandwidth limitations with it as well.

TW: Their DVR software update is a mix of good/bad (my fiancee is stuck with TW in her condo, sadly). The update seems to be a semi-copy of WOW's. You FINALLY get to scroll through channel listings while watching the channel via the arrow keys (I hate using the guide...this was something I really hated about TW previously). But, you lost the 4x FF/RWD on the DVR, which really sucks. And of course the various software issues, though seems better now that it was. Her TW service likes to die regularly (plant issue, as it is impacting her neighbors as well).

DirectTV/Dish: I like watching TV when it rains. They don't like that idea. They also don't offer telephone/HSD.

Good luck getting anything else. Maybe you can get direct tv but your dish has to be on your back porch and face SE. I tried going with AT&T after they came to my door saying they can install it for. Well when the guy came to install it he had some excuse about how time warner has "a lock on the box" and if he tries to open it AT&T will get sued by time warner. I have roadrunner turbo and its pretty fast.

I'm already getting jipped by Time Warner, getting charged nearly $125.00 a month for internet and digital cable. The rates kept going up and the service keeps getting worse for me. I was debating AT&T since they kept bugging me at my front door.

I <3 WOW.

I've had them ever since I moved to reynoldsburg and I honestly have no complaints. Never had any issues with the service, prices continue to stay reasonable. Every time I turn around I get new HD programming for free, and their internet service is friggen awesome.

im payying 180 or so a month with phone internet (with wireless) and 3 boxs with all the on demand channels etc...

I'm at $130ish a month and Have 3 digital boxes, HBO, stars, premium phone and 6 mb download intrawebs.

Vinny, btw, my parents place in Westerville is doing the SAME fucking thing. It's horrible. When I was over there picking up my son I called WOW and got her a decent deal with internet and phone for $120 a month or so. (and 3 digital boxes).