Boat people, need a guestimate

Sam1647545489

Well we all went boating today out at buckeye lake, and I had one of my motors lock up on my boat. It is a rotax 110hp motor. I think the motor either seized or something else bad. It wont start, or even turn over, it just makes a thud sound when trying to start as if it is locked. Anyone have any idea what these motors cost to replace?

I know it is a vague question but I thought I would ask..

There was a dude on here that worked on boats or knew a decent amount about them. Assured Risk I want to say. My boss has a Yamaha jet boat and one of his motors locked up at the end of last season and it was replaced under warranty and he never found out the cost.

If I had to guess I would say for new 4K might try finding a used one though.

Guest GMoney
Sam call MJ USA, Marty will fix you up. It is very very common for these motors to lock up. Normally you need everything replaced i know you don't wanna hear that. It might be a a couple g's.

There was a dude on here that worked on boats or knew a decent amount about them. Assured Risk I want to say. My boss has a Yamaha jet boat and one of his motors locked up at the end of last season and it was replaced under warranty and he never found out the cost.

If I had to guess I would say for new 4K might try finding a used one though.

Yeah that's his name on here. Call 614-545-BOAT(2628) and ask for Tommy (assured risk). I'm not sure if they work on jets, but it doesnt hurt to ask.

Check out their website too for any questions/references. You'll be impressed.

http://www.totalmarineperformance.com/

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mrhobbz
Well we all went boating today out at buckeye lake, and I had one of my motors lock up on my boat. It is a rotax 110hp motor. I think the motor either seized or something else bad. It wont start, or even turn over, it just makes a thud sound when trying to start as if it is locked. Anyone have any idea what these motors cost to replace?

I know it is a vague question but I thought I would ask..

stick a prop on your z06, make it water tight, and cover it in life jackets.

Boats are always better when someone else owns them.

I 100% disagree. I far prefer owning my own. I get to decide when/where I take my boat out. Sometimes I just like to have a little cruise out with me and my fiancée, sometimes I want to go out with a whole bunch of people. People have to work around my schedule to go boating, not vice-versa.

I can't wait until I can upgrade to a bigger boat. :)